• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager

We need to be thinking longer term. I get the immediacy of feeling O'Neil isn't right. However, we need to be looking at a manager for the next year and beyond. We had a chance to build and have squandered it, lets not do that again.

Whilst here we are just fans on the Internet, many of the comments represent the views of those in the ground, the club are free to ignore that, but eventually the fans will make their displeasure knowm at the games.
As we've been discussing social media is more reactionary than in the ground though. Lage wasn't turned on, Fosun never have been directly, if all people do is grumble under their breath then from what GFFH is suggesting nothing will change in the short to medium term. Shi loved what Sellars offered - a front facing yes man, but the second the fans turned on him and it felt like the heat was getting closer to Shi he bulleted him. The fans can make a difference here, it won't happen on Saturday because of who we are playing though. Will it happen at Villa if we get stuffed? Maybe, but i wouldn't guarantee it.

The fans can make a difference here, it won't happen on Saturday because of who we are playing though.
Not so sure. City take the piss in the first half it will turn the attention to the dug out/directors area.

First time I am seeing heavily negative content towards the manager on social media. It won't take long for that to get to the stadium.

For once TWF isn't saying the opposite of everywhere else

Come on lads, I know things are grim but get a grip, Warnock? It'll be BFS next

Well Warnock has a personality and probably a couple of agricultural tricks to teach players from his years of experience, whereas Gary is a managerial foetus who can sometimes set a team up OK but the moment he's needed to motivate them or switch things up, immediately evacuates his immature bowels into his placenta

Whenever he has been given an opportunity in the PL, Colin's record is shite

Pointless conversation/thread.
While there are plenty of opinions we can just plain disagree about it's rare to see one that is demonstrably wrong.

I guess what you are saying is that, depressingly for me, there are no current plans to replace GON, no work in progress, no word from the insiders. That's shocking, but hardly unexpected. Also news that, however bad, I'm grateful for you letting us know. However, we're a week and a half away from having 4 points from 8 games and at that point even the most intransigent of Directors will be literally obliged to consider alternatives (BTW, he's unlikely to tell you he is). Therefore, plenty of 'point' to this thread.

Not so sure. City take the piss in the first half it will turn the attention to the dug out/directors area.

First time I am seeing heavily negative content towards the manager on social media. It won't take long for that to get to the stadium.

For once TWF isn't saying the opposite of everywhere else
There might be a little bit of negativity in the ground on Saturday but not much. If City go 2 or 3 up early doors people will just leave, the ground will be half empty by 70 minutes.

Well Warnock has a personality and probably a couple of agricultural tricks to teach players from his years of experience, whereas Gary is a managerial foetus who can sometimes set a team up OK but the moment he's needed to motivate them or switch things up, immediately evacuates his immature bowels into his placenta

Rather go down than watch hoofball.

While there are plenty of opinions we can just plain disagree about it's rare to see one that is demonstrably wrong.

I guess what you are saying is that, depressingly for me, there are no current plans to replace GON, no work in progress, no word from the insiders. That's shocking, but hardly unexpected. Also news that, however bad, I'm grateful for you letting us know. However, we're a week and a half away from having 4 points from 8 games and at that point even the most intransigent of Directors will be literally obliged to consider alternatives (BTW, he's unlikely to tell you he is). Therefore, plenty of 'point' to this thread.
They can be as bullish as they want behind closed doors, O'Neil will be sacked soon. He hasn't got it in him to turn us around and there's no way we let him go past January at the latest if the points return remains as poor as it has been.

It's perfectly reasonable for fans to discuss his replacement, even if the club haven't started to consider it yet.

Everyone a North Banker on Saturday then
South Bank was just as empty as the North Bank after the 3rd Brighton goal went in.

I'm not sure what the tipping point when apathy turns into anger will be but it is coming. It'll be directed at O'Neil first, depending on how successful his replacement is and how the January window goes it'll then be Shi/Fosun's turn.

South Bank was just as empty as the North Bank after the 3rd Brighton goal went in.

I'm not sure what the tipping point when apathy turns into anger will be but it is coming. It'll be directed at O'Neil first, depending on how successful his replacement is and how the January window goes it'll then be Shi/Fosun's turn.
The anger is bubbling away.
We have a history of being utter shite in Cups but the reaction after last night was different.

GO's comments have fired a few up.
If he starts with Cunha as the #9 and then replaces him with Traore or similar leaving Sasa and Silva on the bench he will fully lose the fans

Be interesting to see how he replaces Bellegarde on Saturday. Cunha as a 9 and playing Traore or as a 10 with a forward, probably Silva.

Regardless of results, shi & Fosun should have been getting it every week anyway.

You've hit the nail on the head with apathy though. Think there's a lot of that in the fanbase and it can all be traced back to the aforementioned.

Doyle can't be involved can he? So Hodge to make his return rather than Fabs starting.

Expecting a very defensive set up.

Back