• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

The most prominent managerial candidate at Fenerbahce at the moment is Nuno Espírito Santo. Talks with the Portuguese coach have accelerated and the final meeting is scheduled for Monday. The announcement is expected later in the day

How many jobs has Nuno been connected with so far ?

He's some man to get around - although in these times he's probably being interviewed remotely one assumes .

Still - you'd wonder how many of the stories linking him with various clubs were actually true . Palace , Everton , Spurs and now Fenerbache .

How many jobs has Nuno been connected with so far ?

He's some man to get around - although in these times he's probably being interviewed remotely one assumes .

Still - you'd wonder how many of the stories linking him with various clubs were actually true . Palace , Everton , Spurs and now Fenerbache .
All his interviews done via Zoom. He hasn't had to leave Portugal through the whole process. (although he did quickly fly in to enable an ITK to get a pic of him in a Liverpool Hotel...)

All the PL links are true. His demands seem to be putting them off as they progress. Guess he is no actual rush to return to work so is in position to try and get 100% what he wants.

It may be true but the Fenerbahce link is also the sort of thing an agent would put out there to light a fire under another interested party

Swung back to him being the new Spurs manager now.

Depends what happens with their squad this summer I think, and as long as he has had a chance to 'reset' a bit as he looked tired and dejected a lot of the time last season.

They have the basis of a pretty good squad, and he is a good coach, we know that.

Depends what happens with their squad this summer I think, and as long as he has had a chance to 'reset' a bit as he looked tired and dejected a lot of the time last season.

They have the basis of a pretty good squad, and he is a good coach, we know that.

He is, but if I was a Spurs fan I'd be very underwhelmed by this appointment, especially after all the Levy talk of wanting 'free-flowing, attacking football'.

He's gonna start with the fans massively unconvinced from the start. To them, he got the boot from a lesser club for not delivering, and is essentially Mourinho without the pedigree and being a trophy winner.

I know we love him for what he did for 3/4 of his tenure here (and for the kind of man he is), but these entitled clubs like Spurs are a different proposition.

For me, I feel he's like the managerial version of Coady and Doc at the top level; good for a short time under a very specific set of conditions, and I don't think he'll get them at Tottenham

He is, but if I was a Spurs fan I'd be very underwhelmed by this appointment, especially after all the Levy talk of wanting 'free-flowing, attacking football'.

He's gonna start with the fans massively unconvinced from the start. To them, he got the boot from a lesser club for not delivering, and is essentially Mourinho without the pedigree and being a trophy winner.

I know we love him for what he did for 3/4 of his tenure here (and for the kind of man he is), but these entitled clubs like Spurs are a different proposition.

For me, I feel he's like the managerial version of Coady and Doc at the top level; good for a short time under a very specific set of conditions, and I don't think he'll get them at Tottenham
I think he's a brilliant manager and that sometimes, even for the best of them, things go a bit stale sometimes. Especially when there are mitigating circumstances like there were here.

I think he'll thrive at Spurs and in 2-3 years will rightfully be seen as one of the best in Europe.

I think he's a brilliant manager and that sometimes, even for the best of them, things go a bit stale sometimes. Especially when there are mitigating circumstances like there were here.

I think he'll thrive at Spurs and in 2-3 years will rightfully be seen as one of the best in Europe.

I think that's on the higher end of the optimism scale tbh.

I think he's a bit lucky to be given such a big canvas to work on. Just like with Lage here, I suspect it's more who he knows than what he's done.

I'm not sure his CV or preferred playing style points to him being a successful manager of an elite club with the requirement to win, dominate, compete for trophies and handle difficult egos. Time will tell though, if he gets it I wish him well (as long as it isn't at our expense)

When I think about that 3-2 game against Spurs at WHL and how the narrative has changed since then I honestly feel like I'm living in some dystopian footballing hellscape.

4000 Wolves fans, still hanging from the party in Barcelona, belting out 'Nuno's the special one' into an emptying WHL. Now they've got him, we've got Bruno Lage and we're not that bothered about it?

I fucking hate it.

When I think about that 3-2 game against Spurs at WHL and how the narrative has changed since then I honestly feel like I'm living in some dystopian footballing hellscape.

4000 Wolves fans, still hanging from the party in Barcelona, belting out 'Nuno's the special one' into an emptying WHL. Now they've got him, we've got Bruno Lage and we're not that bothered about it?

I fucking hate it.
Things don't just stay the same though do they?

That 3-2 game feels like an absolute lifetime ago, we haven't got near those performance levels in a very long time

Back