• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

No clinging here, I just think we've made a bad error particularly given who we've appointed instead.

I hope I'm very, very wrong and we have the greatest attacking manager in the world and we have all the 5-3 wins in the world. However as real life isn't Tomy Super Cup Football then I don't think so.
I have said the same thing on the latter, but i was jumped on like i was shagging their sister or something...
Good luck to Nuno the person. He's a decent bloke. Spurs though...... if he thought Wolves SM was bad wait till he has a couple of bad results for them! If they have a bad first half their fans want blood..

Hopefully the Wolves board don't sell him our decent players, but i'll not hold my breath on the Mendes carousel just rolling on for him.

What are you upset about? That I pointed out that the loyalty and devotion is one-sided, and that actually it's demonstrably all just a job to him?

Six weeks... Jesus
"Six weeks before he pitches up at a rival in the same league. Nuno obviously not as gutted as some on here are (or as tired/homesick)."

This comment was just for bites. You know that, at least own it.

I'd say it's also unlikely Nuno will be getting Spurs challenging for major honours in real life either, so maybe everyone loses (fans anyway)
They haven't won a trophy since 2008 anyway.

Would you have swapped Nuno for Bruno Lage three months ago? Because I really, really wouldn't have.

Would you have given Nuno to Spurs for free three months ago? I definitely would not have done that.

Does this thread get locked now and Nuno moves over into ex wolf, manager sacked threads?

They haven't won a trophy since 2008 anyway.

Would you have swapped Nuno for Bruno Lage three months ago? Because I really, really wouldn't have.

Would you have given Nuno to Spurs for free three months ago? I definitely would not have done that.

No to all that.

I also wouldn't have expected poor tired, sad, homesick Nuno to piss off to another PL club before his seat at Molineux was even cold

We are seeing the result of a pragmatic manager in the Euros at the moment.

I'm not whitewashing last season and a bit but there were circumstances, and we were never a free flowing attacking unit. I am struggling a bit with Wolves at the moment.

I just can't see the plan, or even direction is particularly joined up.

Nuno at Spurs is bad for us, it has the potential to be a huge distraction for our season.

If I was into conspiracy theories I would say that this is very convenient timeline, Nuno wants to go to spurs, nuno makes unrealistic demands to Wolves, Wolves and nuno part company, spurs have a very public meltdown trying to get new manager, Nuno appointed spurs boss.

No to all that.

I also wouldn't have expected poor tired, sad, homesick Nuno to piss off to another PL club before his seat at Molineux was even cold
That's again you turning what some people on here said back on themselves. Nuno didn't say that, the club didn't say that and mutual consent was always bollocks, he was sacked. Why wouldn't you expect him to take another job, particularly one at a bigger club with presumably a better salary?

No to all that.

Ah now, I never peddled the homesick stuff.

I thought what happened was we had a structure that relied on one player and we had no way to replace him, so it went a bit shit. Same as Villa were awful when Grealish was injured.

We sacked him, it was our choice.

That's again you turning what some people on here said back on themselves. Nuno didn't say that, the club didn't say that and mutual consent was always bollocks, he was sacked. Why wouldn't you expect him to take another job, particularly one at a bigger club with presumably a better salary?

Turning what people say back on them is hardly revolutionary or rare, I'd say it makes up a fair chunk of the football chat on here. We've all done it and had it done to us, so don't start getting precious about it now. We're all big boys and girls and can conduct our own discussions and arguments.

I didn't say Nuno said any of that, but it was used as a shield on here against any criticism of him for most of last season, so damn right I'm gonna bring it up today.

Maybe it shows that, you know, the general consensus on here from all the big hitters isn't always right?

And actually, yes I am surprised and disappointed that he's leapt straight into another PL job instantly without even a sabbatical.

Turning what people say back on them is hardly revolutionary or rare, I'd say it makes up a fair chunk of the football chat on here. We've all done it and had it done to us, so don't start getting precious about it now. We're all big boys and girls and can conduct our own discussions and arguments.

I didn't say Nuno said any of that, but it was used as a shield on here against any criticism of him for most of last season, so damn right I'm gonna bring it up today.

Maybe it shows that, you know, the general consensus on here from all the big hitters isn't always right?

And actually, yes I am surprised and disappointed that he's leapt straight into another PL job instantly without even a sabbatical.
Finally an acknowledgement you did it for bites. Still not sure what it achieves

He built the structure tbf.

Pleased he's got a new job, he's a brilliant bloke and I hope the time off has done him some good.

It's a very brave appointment given his football. I don't think he's got expansive in him, and I'm not convinced the spurs fans will take to it tbh. As long as he leaves Neto and Raul alone, he's welcome to pop back with his cheque book.

On the question of 'would we have given him away for free 3 months ago, and took Lage'...spurs wouldn't have taken him if he wasn't free, and at least its got some sizable remuneration off our books this way.

I'll certainly be taking more than a passing interest in spurs games, out of an almost morbid curiosity about what he can do with that sort of squad and budget

I thought he looked a beaten man at times last season and suggested that he could be homesick/missing his family. I didn’t use that as an excuse for teams performances more a lack a pre season and injuries to key players.
We all know that mutual consent was a smokescreen for his dismissal and that the homesick theory was blown out of water as soon as he spoke to a Palace.
I don’t see the need for the vitriol against him.
Best manager in my lifetime- yes
Best four years - yes
Top bloke for his donations to local charities too.
Sad to see him go/gone - yes
Feel it’s a gamble taken by the club - yes
Wish him well - yes
Hope that we hammer Spurs and finish above them - yes

I'm gonna mark this move down as a win for Wolves. Jeff had decided that Nuno was unlikely to take us any further, and there is no way that Nuno was 1st choice for Levy.

Johnny isn't here at the moment to put laughing emoji's on all your posts, so someone has to protect the clique and make sure that elite posters look like they never talk shite or get things wrong.
😉

I'm elite?...I'll take that, although I think you'll find you are in a solo clique on that one.😃

Back