• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Well Bruno's first home game just got even bigger.

Lose on the opening day and then this one then Molineux isn't gonna be a fun place to be.

Jacqui Oatley being a bit venomous in her interview style on SSN. I used to respect her but I really don’t any more.

I think we've seen our PL height for the medium term, the transfer policy feels like one of consolidation at best to me even though I don't think that's the intention. Spurs are a perpetual top 7 side, I don't think we are therefore a direct competitor. Nuno being successful at Everton would have impacted us more imo

Six weeks before he pitches up at a rival in the same league. Nuno obviously not as gutted as some on here are (or as tired/homesick).
5-6 weeks at home is always enough before you want out again.

Said at the time though, his words etc came across as he was quite happy with the decision. Didn't think he would be in the Prem next season but the shit storm that is Spurs means he has a job where he has no doubt got everything he wanted.

I think we've seen our PL height for the medium term, the transfer policy feels like one of consolidation at best to me even though I don't think that's the intention. Spurs are a perpetual top 7 side, I don't think we are therefore a direct competitor. Nuno being successful at Everton would have impacted us more imo
Well I wasn’t neccessairily looking at it as purely league competition. Obviously it is one element. But the others are 1) him succeeding puts pressure on Fosun/Bruno, particularly if we get off to a bad start 2) makes It easier for them to poach our players, such as Neto 3) if there’s another Neto out there in the mendes stable then a Nuno at Spurs is a rival to take them. If he’s sacked then it can’t happen…4) in the hypothetical world we get back up there, and are competing in the league then they may be competing for the same players

He could have at least shaved his beard off so he looked a different person.

I may have to add “Nuno” to my muted words on Twitter from now on.

People are entitled to still morosely cling onto Nuno like a jilted ex all they want, I'm entitled to have moved on. No fishing here.

He's a rival manager now, I'm fully with Punts on this one.
All perfectly valid...if that's what you'd posted

No clinging here, I just think we've made a bad error particularly given who we've appointed instead.

I hope I'm very, very wrong and we have the greatest attacking manager in the world and we have all the 5-3 wins in the world. However as real life isn't Tomy Super Cup Football then I don't think so.

No clinging here, I just think we've made a bad error particularly given who we've appointed instead.

I hope I'm very, very wrong and we have the greatest attacking manager in the world and we have all the 5-3 wins in the world. However as real life isn't Tomy Super Cup Football then I don't think so.

I'd say it's also unlikely Nuno will be getting Spurs challenging for major honours in real life either, so maybe everyone loses (fans anyway)

Back