• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Love this clique thing. I literally had an argument with my best mate on here the other week, but on you go :D

I'm genuinely not posting this for bites just expressing my opinion. I don't think Nuno is going to be a success at Tottenham, his football is simply too pragmatic. Levy has done him no favours in managing the fans expectations talking about getting back the attacking DNA in his statement on his apptointment.

I really believe that if Nuno had a name like Andrew Smith and was a dour Englishman, there's no way he'd be anywhere near the Tottenham job. He really is, IMHO, a Portuguese Sam Allardyce. But Nuno Espirito Santo sounds alot more exotic.

As for how he fares at Tottenham, to be honest I hope they are absolutely shit under him and it all ends in tears. Breaking up with the love of your (football) life and six weeks later they are happily with someone else and it's all great, fuck that I want them to suffer!

Can we just read the dull as ditch water thread for a moment. We were flaccid in 2020 post lockdown and pretty much everyone agreed. Nuno has a better squad at spurs ( you may not like that but it is true) We needed a shake up and we have got it. We can only judge after a number of games . Nothing has changed with that

That 'we're gonna make you proud' stuff direct to camera was a bit 🤮

A bit underwhelming really. Typical Nuno with his usual "work harder" spiel, but nothing about the type of football he wants the team to play, nothing for their fans to get excited about.

I wouldn't bet on the order, but I don’t think either will be in charge in August 2022

At least he didn’t accidentally say “we need to be a pack”

Well I might be on my own but I'm much happier that Nuno has gone to Spurs than if he had gone to Crystal Palace or Everton. In his time at Wolves, he came over as a good person who cared about much more than fame and money. He took us out of mid-championship mediocrity and created a solid foundation on which to build in the premier league. I wish him well and hope he succeeds at Spurs.

I'm not sure what to expect from Wolves during this coming season. Will Bruno Lage be able to build on the foundations that Nuno left? Will he want to tear them down?

My biggest fear is that something will happen and Bruno Lage will have the foundations pulled from underneath him.

Nuno had reached the end of his time for me - negative, confused in formation, inflexible during the games - yes, there were mitigating circumstances but looking forward to a new approach.

Good luck to him at Spurs as he was great for us for the majority of time, but I certainly don’t think his departure will have a negative effect on the coming seasons.

It wasn't just confused though was it? if you told me the team were sent out with no instruction apart from 'don't lose possession at all' I would believe you, the lack of any attacking ambition was apparent, and admittedly I fell for the 'homesick' theory, made perfect sense, could never fathom why one of the other coaches weren't stepping up if that was the case, still in my mind it kind of rationalised what was happening on the pitch.

It's all just very weird.

As DW said the other day, for someone to be essentially sacked/let go for a dip in performance and then get a significantly bigger gig straight away...pretty rare, if not unheard of.

I have some kind of sense that we've been stitched up a bit by Jorge (and Nuno tbh) in all this to enable himself to get his claws into Spurs in a way he perhaps couldn't with Mourinho. We'll see.

Leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest, especially with all the goo-goo eyes to Spurs fans, and that will get worse if Nuno ends up swooping in for Raul or Neto

It's all just very weird.

As DW said the other day, for someone to be essentially sacked/let go for a dip in performance and then get a significantly bigger gig straight away...pretty rare, if not unheard of.

I have some kind of sense that we've been stitched up a bit by Jorge (and Nuno tbh) in all this to enable himself to get his claws into Spurs in a way he perhaps couldn't with Mourinho. We'll see.

Leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest, especially with all the goo-goo eyes to Spurs fans, and that will get worse if Nuno ends up swooping in for Raul or Neto
Mendes isn't Jacob from Lost

Back