• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

Seems like Hodge is pretty firmly in with the first team unless a new CM arrives.
Has to be by default. Two spots (if we stick with the current shape) and seems we're largely considering Matheus as a wide option for now. So he's 4th out of 4.

He shouldn't be of course.

It’s frustrating that we haven’t given Cundle a chance instead.

How fit is Jordao? He is better than Hodge FFS.
I think it's reasonable to guess that the club do rate Cundle higher than Hodge, even still. Whichever of the two of them stayed surely would not get regular minutes and rather would/will plug holes as needed. We may simply think that Cundle should have more or less guaranteed minutes at Argyle to keep growing.

Again, I'm clutching from the strawman of blind optimism.

I don't typically watch these as I have no idea what use any of the drills are, but stuck it out because I'm desperately looking for positives to cling to. Ended up just being nostalgic for football practice back in high school. Never thought I'd look back on that fondly.

Seems like Hodge is pretty firmly in with the first team unless a new CM arrives.
Whatever you do, don't play the "Let's Go!" drinking game.

Apologies for being a football coaching numpty but are all drills pretty much universal amongst individual coaches?

Real elite coaches have all the attackers lined up on the six yard box battering shots at the keeper.

It was interesting how O'Neil used Billing last season for Bournemouth but equally we don't have a player like that in the current squad.

I wouldn't have guessed that Billing would have been nearly as good at that as he was, so that's kind of a feather in GO'N's hat.

As Dan says, though, we don't really have that profile of player. Bouba could maybe do something similar but he's not quite the tank that Billing is.

Tiny, tiny sample size but I look at how Joao Gomes took his goals vs Southampton and Rennes and hope we don't waste him just parked 10 yards in front of our slowcoach centre halves. He's so much more than that.
He is, but who else plays there? I'd ideally want 2 sitting in front of our dodgy centre backs.

I have been very down on this change, but I watched the video and O'Neil seems to have the same illuminous yellow whistle from Decathlon that I used as a coach and when I taught PE. That's his first win, people with black whistles it's like "what are you, the ref? Get some joy in your life... ".

Just need his views on puma kings, subbuteo and if he thinks Sega Rally is the best racing game of all time, and then me and him can officially be boys...

Cundle couldn't play CM in our current system, no chance (that's not to say Hodge can either).

Might maybe be able to play where Sarabia did first half against Rennes.
He's more of a 10, plays instead of Cunha when he's gassed or as the most advanced of a 3 in a tight 433 as he did at Swansea.

Very successful too.

He is, but who else plays there? I'd ideally want 2 sitting in front of our dodgy centre backs.
4-2-x-x formations are wildly out of fashion at the moment, innit. I'm struggling to think of the last Prem side I saw play a proper double-pivot.

Back