• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I think we're way past blaming it on luck, mate
Luck is part of it too. When you are at the point we are luck can turn against you. It's not all of it, but it's part of what is going wrong.

Luck is part of it too. When you are at the point we are luck can turn against you. It's not all of it, but it's part of what is going wrong.
Sounds awfully like absolving humans of responsibility and agency and blaming it on the fairies to me

Shock! Wolves player talks about Fulham only being 9 points behind. I think they all just looked at where we are and said fuck.

We've lost as many games as Fulham have now. Don't think they have enough wins in them to make up ground though

Sounds awfully like absolving humans of responsibility and agency and blaming it on the fairies to me
Or just picking what you want out of what i'm saying to suit what you think? I didn't say just luck now did i. There are various reasons why we are where we are. Shit luck is one of them.

It felt so sad seeing Joao today. I think he can regain his form but he's burnt out with the mammoth season and back into it this year with little rest.

Dendoncker is fast becoming an expensive Dave Edwards. Pops up with a goal every 25 games, but that was never his game. Today however he's done the things that are his game appallingly. At that point all you have is "runs round lots" fuck that.

Some positive signs from WJ, puts himself about and has a good touch.

Spurs fans have been upset with Mourinho getting a goal and then playing overly defensive football, they lost winning positions against Fulham, Palace and us and it shows how dangerous "declaring" is. We've seen it ourselves with Somedos brain fart v Villa, Coady v Liverpool, back luck or a moment of brilliance.

We could sign Messi at this point and it doesn't make a jot of difference the shape and tactics are suffocating the attacking players and its unfortunate but that's on Nuno. If he can't change that, we'll its an avenue im not yet ready to go down.

Safe to say we need to get out from under this cautious approach. It doesn't mean gung ho but as in the Albion game we lost the clean sheet so just outscore them, their defence is a hot mess and we scored two doing the bare minimum.

Rather than sensing that blood we have no instinct and cower. Its spineless.

I don't know what the answer is. Hopefully someone at the club does, or it might be a very nailbiting end to the season if we can't get out of the rut they are clearly in right now.

Virtually every time Adama receives the ball its comes to a stop and then its a scene from Gunfight at the OK Corral. For god sake take the fucking ball in your stride and attack them. All this posing !!!
It’s either let’s try to get a corner, or let’s fall over and try and get a foul. Neither are working for us at the moment.

It felt so sad seeing Joao today. I think he can regain his form but he's burnt out with the mammoth season and back into it this year with little rest.

Dendoncker is fast becoming an expensive Dave Edwards. Pops up with a goal every 25 games, but that was never his game. Today however he's done the things that are his game appallingly. At that point all you have is "runs round lots" fuck that.

Some positive signs from WJ, puts himself about and has a good touch.

Spurs fans have been upset with Mourinho getting a goal and then playing overly defensive football, they lost winning positions against Fulham, Palace and us and it shows how dangerous "declaring" is. We've seen it ourselves with Somedos brain fart v Villa, Coady v Liverpool, back luck or a moment of brilliance.

We could sign Messi at this point and it doesn't make a jot of difference the shape and tactics are suffocating the attacking players and its unfortunate but that's on Nuno. If he can't change that, we'll its an avenue im not yet ready to go down.

Safe to say we need to get out from under this cautious approach. It doesn't mean gung ho but as in the Albion game we lost the clean sheet so just outscore them, their defence is a hot mess and we scored two doing the bare minimum.

Rather than sensing that blood we have no instinct and cower. Its spineless.
I agree with discarding the cautious approach it will be death by a thousand cuts! If we go for the three points every game we might have enough to stay up! Jose looks the real deal, traore and Neto feeding him, behind them I’d have Saiss, Neves and Otasowie protecting a back four

Virtually every time Adama receives the ball its comes to a stop and then its a scene from Gunfight at the OK Corral. For god sake take the fucking ball in your stride and attack them. All this posing !!!
He cant runt through 10 people and score..its a squag game..attack with more people please, not gis fault

I'm struggling to understand why we are in such a rut. (Raul aside). Insipid, inept at times and we have gone from inconsistent (post lock down) to knackered looking, to mediocre (start of season) to poor (pre/post Raul injury) to dreadful.

Let's say we finish 14th - 17th (hopefully) are we convinced a full structured pre season simply sorts this as I am now not sure

Was it just me that saw a yawning chasm between our forwards and midfield?
It is like watching a game of Pac-Man - side, side, back straight, forward straight, side, back etc - where’s the fluidity, the short diagonals, the give and go, the playing between the lines?

I can't see Fosun being happy about our position.

He cant runt through 10 people and score..its a squag game..attack with more people please, not gis fault
I'm not asking him to, but to continually square up to his defender and giving them time to provide cover isn't the way to go

I'm not asking him to, but to continually square up to his defender and giving them time to provide cover isn't the way to go
What can he do then when there is literally nobody to pass it to?

Back