• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pets

They like being in the dark, but with an escape route - the amount of time mine spends in the wardrobe or under the bookcase in the lounge is unfathomable.

She's been traumatised for the last 3 days as having the bathroom completely ripped out & refitted - load of noise etc. She's been under the bed all day!
Ours have been frightened too as they can hear the workmen by the front door cutting slabs . The ones been on top of the kitchen cupboard all afternoon.

Tried to post an image but keep getting a file to large notice. Anyway in addition to Ruben (the cat) we now also have an American fox terrier living with us. Called sandy. She was with our stepdaughter, but owing to life circumstances, didn't have an ideal life. She's a lovely dog, exceptionally well behaved, and I say that as not an animal person! She's s my shadow-follows me everywhere! Anyway, we looked after her when stepdaughter went on holiday & when she returned, we suggested we keep her.
Stepdaughter is a little sad as she rescued her from somewhere that wasn't looking after the dog, but knows we have space, and walk her every day, and can visit whenever.
I'll try to get a pic here somehow.

That's cool, pets can be very demanding but also very satisfying. It's good when an animal gets a second chance. The last few of our dogs have been rescues. The current one was extremely hard work initially, very 'dog aggressive.' 11 years later she's much better, although still has her moments. We are also looking after our sons yampy Springer ...Weem knackered!

mrs jelly tries to educate me on dogs and types, and springers are the only ones I can remember! I know they are absolutely full of life and energy!
Sandy obvs hasn't been walked regularly for a bit, hence us taking her on, so since I have been taking her out for proper walks she comes back, drinks a load, then falls asleep!

Beginning to think my dogs are over spoilt. So they are off to their holiday home today. Lovely lady who lives over Lickey Hills way. So they get full attention etc, not locked in a kennel, taken on huge walks etc, the love going there (Nuno normally just barks at people who doesn't live with us but he settles in straight away with her and her husband).....she has booked a holiday cottage to take the dogs on a holiday while she has them!

As mentioned on another thread, my 8 year old Springer went in for an operation yesterday.

3 Lumps removed and they also say he has arthritis in his hips.

Obviously told to keep him still as much as possible for a couple of weeks....how the fuck do I keep a Springer still!! If I had had the op he had I would now be in bed and not moving for a week...him, well his time is now spent with working out how to get the protective collar off and demanding we throw his toys around for him.

Forgot about this thread, our puppy is now 18 months old and, so far, no furniture has been chewed. She can be really fucking annoying though :)

Forgot about this thread, our puppy is now 18 months old and, so far, no furniture has been chewed. She can be really fucking annoying though :)
Still the favourite thing our Springer did was on the chewing.....just the 1 thing chewed and that was the bottle of anti chew spray

Still the favourite thing our Springer did was on the chewing.....just the 1 thing chewed and that was the bottle of anti chew spray
Just read that back. Ours destroyed her own bed 🤷‍♂️

Clearly a shit bed...do better Dad

Replaced by a hard plastic thing. Chew that!

My daughter chewed a chair leg, i'll say no more :)

As mentioned on another thread, my 8 year old Springer went in for an operation yesterday.

3 Lumps removed and they also say he has arthritis in his hips.

Obviously told to keep him still as much as possible for a couple of weeks....how the fuck do I keep a Springer still!! If I had had the op he had I would now be in bed and not moving for a week...him, well his time is now spent with working out how to get the protective collar off and demanding we throw his toys around for him.
Kenny, if it's one of those 'Victorian' plastic collars (Look like a bloody lampshade) they're awful things, really hard for him to get to his bowl. You can get an inflatable one (on line) and they're much better as he can run and drink and feed but can't bend enough to bite his wound. And they look a lot better too!

We got him a soft one today. Much easier for him and our legs as he pushes his way around

705AE620-8AC6-4E17-95BF-95F568394097.jpeg

Cone of shame we called it.

Back