• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Players Released

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
No surprises here but all of Ismail, McAlinden, McCarey, Boukari, Sigurdarson and Rowe have been released. We also aren't taking up our option to buy Le Fondre and Martinez has gone back to Arsenal.

Not going to fuss about a single one of ours. And we have no entitlement to Martinez so while his loss is a shame, I won't lose sleep over it.

Just goes to show what a total clown Jackett has been this season playing Siggy for all those game's. Then bringing Le Fondre on Saturday instead of Enobakhare.

No real complaints - except for not giving bright more game time given we've released Siggy and Alfie.

I'd have been tempted to give Zeli another season - just to see what he could do if he had a full preseason and stayed fit.

Not bothered about any of them leaving but what scandalous mismanagement of Bright who has had to sit and do nothing while players we had no interest in keeping played ahead of him. Much like McAlinden with Leon Clarke.

Not taking up ALFs option makes it even more bizarre than we thought in bringing him on as a sub on Saturday rather than Bright (or more sensibly Byrne or Hunte to just replace Wallace)

So a Keeper is now a must unless we think Flatt is ready to be the back up keeper.

Not bothered about any of them leaving but what scandalous mismanagement of Bright who has had to sit and do nothing while players we had no interest in keeping played ahead of him. Much like McAlinden with Leon Clarke.

I wouldn't want to be here if I were Bright.

I wouldn't want to be here if I were Bright.

Well Bright is lucky to be here after he went AWOL during the spell where he making his break through to the team. He fucked himself over and it took a while for the trust to come back. He should have played more once the Season was officially dead but before that, he had some lessons to learn.

Glad to see the back of all of those out of contract players.

I would have liked to have seen more of ALF (used properly) and Emi but hey ho.

So a Keeper is now a must unless we think Flatt is ready to be the back up keeper.

Whether he is or not Keeper still a necessity as there have been issues with Ikeme's performances anyway

Agree with those released and hopefully it signals that there will be replacements coming in especially in the GK department. If we could get Emi on a permanent I would be delighted however I think he will be out of our price range and probably wouldn't want to come.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

would have liked to give Zeli Ismail another year and Martinez the first spot but other than that, not bothered..Boukari is always broken anyway

At least with Boukari going it frees up a disabled parking space outside the Billy Wright stand.

Zeli just doesn't stay fit enough and being as he's now 22 and has yet to play a single minute in the Championship, it's time to go, we can't wait forever. If he can stop picking up injuries then there's a chance he can make a decent career at League One level, I don't see him being good enough for anything above that. Even before we sign anyone else he's been behind the likes of Hunte and Randall in the club's thinking for some time now.

Rob Green released by QPR...I presume his days of earning 80k a week are over....go get him Jez

Ismail would have been a decent option for cover on the wings as we need it, but as DW says he can't seem to stay fit for long periods.

Oh well, just the £100m down the drain...

Back