• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

The twitter following is up to 1877, if you believe that sort of thing

Conceicao to Napoli, Fonseca to Fiorentina and Nuno back to Porto seems to be the rumour at the moment.

Going from Nuno to Lage would just be extremely disappointing. Looks likely though.

If it is Lage he really needs a blockbuster of a start or things are going to get ugly.

Schira has been rubbished in the past by Romano as a fake journalist.
Ah, fair do's. I didn't know
Shall I delete it or leave it up as a testament that (hopefully) you shouldn't believe anything on the internet?

No comment on the Lage but I wouldn't be surprised if the other two turned us down. Its a though job the Wolves one unless you are being promised significant transfer/budget you are entering a team with a lot of unknown parts and trapped in the tradition between systems, lots of exciting bits but I wouldn't fancy it with the challenge of 7th or higher.

Are other Wolves' fans even going to be familiar with Lage? I suspect that we'd be the largest initial pocket of resistance to that appointment; most others I feel won't have a significant reason to feel good or bad about it.

I don’t think the job is that difficult to the point managers would be put off by potential failure. A mid table finish will be accepted if there are clear signs of evolution and that we are heading in the right direction.

If he he is as good as that first 38 games at Benfica then he will be a God here. If he is as bad as the rest he’ll last about 12 games.

I knew the name but very little else.
I'd not heard of him before Friday, but here's the warning signs:
Asst manager at Sheff Wed and Swansea under Carrvalo
Has a rep for bringing through young talent. Felix and Dias are generational though and when he lost the former he fell apart
We have some young players with potential, but nothing like that
He couldn't do anything to avoid that slide and had record breaking results- in a bad way for the biggest club in the country
He plays 442, try picking a team from our squad with that formation
He's an out of work Mendes client, makes us everything people have accused us of for the last 5 years
He's not young so not some thrusting superstar
Fonseca won't come? That's an issue - especially if he goes to Palace
There has to be better out there
He's better than Nuno? Really?

Back