• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

Alex Goncalves
@Aljeeves
·
1h
Luís Nascimento joining Wolves' coaching team is more significant than you think. Months before Fábio Silva even joined Wolves, he said, of Nascimento: "He was the coach who made me grow the most". 4 years on from their time together, they link up again. #WWFC

Fábio Silva on Luis Nascimento: "When I was at Benfica I remember a coach I had: Luís Nascimento. In terms of learning, he was the coach that made me grow the most & acquire many skills I have today. He always believed in me. I talk to him almost every day." Exciting reunion.
Don't you go getting all positive on us!!;)

Anyway, we're all good. The new guy has solutions too... ;) From the Bham mail site.

"His appointment is expected to be confirmed once contract details are ironed out and ex-Benfica winger Sancidino Silva, who played under Lage at Estadio da Luz, believes his former boss will shine in the Midlands.

"We used to call him the ‘king of tactics’. Mister Lage is someone very intelligent, with a tactical knowledge far above average, very hard-working and someone who studies his opponent down to the last detail, always coming up with new solutions,” Silva told Record

"He’s one of the best coaches I know… and whenever I went out on the pitch I gave everything for him too.
I know him, I know he’ll be very successful. In addition, he knows the country well and has a high-quality squad at his disposal."

"The most important thing is that he’ll be able to have the players on his side, they will give everything and I’m sure they’ll compete for the top places. The coach will achieve incredible things.”

Alex Goncalves talks Lage and tells us a bit more about him, good and bad, interesting though from someone who knows more than we do

Alex Goncalves talks Lage and tells us a bit more about him, good and bad, interesting though from someone who knows more than we do

Good read, thanks

Decent read that. Balanced view which is quite helpful to folk like me (essentially clueless when it comes to knowing a great deal about Lage)

I thought the Villa link was if they went down not that he was offered the job for this season. Were the Villa owners considering getting into bed with Jorge as well?

That's a very good article. Certainly makes me feel a bit better given his experience in coaching and his supposed charismatic man management.

Also like the sound of his twist on the 4-4-2...if of course he uses it here
Not sure about the two physical DMs though. Especially if Neves goes. Would point to Donk/Otasawie.

I reckon Neto could play that floating second striker though, with Traore LM and Trincao (hopefully) at RM both cutting inside for RAN and Semedo to overlap like he likes his full-backs to do.

It'd be nice if Lage's links could get us someone like Ferro at CB. Florentino Luis sounds decent at DM too, though he's not been great after his move to Monaco apparently.

Not sure about the two physical DMs though. Especially if Neves goes. Would point to Donk/Otasawie.

Surely it just means we sign players rather than making our small squad a tiny one.

Yeah we'd have to buy another DM.

Though I guess Donk/Vitinha could work.

That's a very good article. Certainly makes me feel a bit better given his experience in coaching and his supposed charismatic man management.

Yep, paints a more nuanced picture than him just being a faceless Mendes stooge/patsy too

From the description of how the set up works IF Donk was used he would pretty much do what he does for Belgium then.
yeah, you'd play him and sign a Sissoko type to go alongside him. You're creating bugger all through the middle though so relying a lot/ too much? on your winger/full back overloads

Back