• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2023/24

Good forward run by Hodge creating a couple of crosses

Ref. Spoilsport. Could've watched us not score again.

What the fuck is that, what about subs..not even 30 sec additional time

Trying to keep injuries down in meaningless games I s'pose.

Mostly enjoyable, and some things there to bring a ray of hope for the future. The big problem seems to be the one that never goes away: we cannot score for love nor money. Positives were definitely the performances of Sasa, RAN, Joao Gomes and Fabio Silva. Doherty also did reasonably well 1st half.

I thought Silva was very, very good, and if he can translate that sort of performance into any level of consistency we absolutely must hang on to him for the foreseeable future. Big if though, I suppose.

That was not as bad as I expected, but I just have no clue where the goals are coming from.
I still have real fear, solely based on our inability to score a fucking goal.

Really pleased with Silva, his movement is brilliant. Sacha had. A decent game.

Well, JLo has got us creating some chances at least which is a major step in the right direction compared to last year.

For all the squad problems we do have a bloody good coach. Just hope he doesn’t get narked and bugger off.

For once we actually created a lot of chances which is encouraging. I know people seem to think we miss multiple sitters per game but very often we barely create a presentable opening. We created around 4/5 that should have been finished tonight, an entirely different issue which I imagine will resolve itself if we keep creating at a similar rate.

That was not as bad as I expected, but I just have no clue where the goals are coming from.

Sasa, mate, come on.

I’d be interested to see Silva and Cunha together based on Silva’s performance tonight.

Well we haven't scored goals for 3 years and haven't been relegated yet.

The mass substitutions spoiled the game as a spectacle. No critisisms though, understandable for the players to need game time. Toti looked really comfortable, Fabio had the best game I`ve seen him in a Wolves shirt, good first half from Doc. Liked the bit of bite in midfield from Traore and Cunha, Sasa has a way to go re. match fitness (understandably) and RAN was involved a lot though needs to improve his distribution. No new signings? We`ll be fine, fine I tell you.

Our problems will come when injuries and suspensions hit: Lemina, Dawson, Gomes suspension wise. And we all know Sasa and Neto (sadly) are injury prone.

The first eleven is more than good enough. There’s just a lack of squad options and depth. If you add Scott and Elvedi to this we look a lot better - and it would only cost slightly less than £40m which is far less than we’ve spent the past couple of years. Frustrating really.

Without wanting to piss on everybody's cornflakes, it is worth remembering that we failed to score against a side that if they were relegated by Christmas nobody would be that surprised. 😬

Back