• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2023/24

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Players are back in today (well, most of them) so may as well get this up and running.

Fixtures in the OP and to be added to when we get round to replacing the lost games from Korea.

Sun 9th July - Vitoria Guimaraes (A) - W 2-1 (Cunha, Farmer)
Wed 12th July - SC Farense (A) - W 1-0 (Fraser)
Tue 25th July - Porto (A) - W 1-0 (Neto)
Sat 29th July - Celtic (N) - D 1-1 (Cunha pen)
Wed 2nd August - Luton (H) - D 0-0
Sat 5th August - Rennes (H) - W 3-1 (Ait-Nouri, J Gomes, Hwang)

Last edited:
Sanderson, Hoever and Cundle were all at training today. So none of them are going anywhere imminently.

Makes sense until the new players come in

Sanderson, Hoever and Cundle were all at training today. So none of them are going anywhere imminently.
Unless Lop is planning on using cardboard cutouts in training, he’ll need all the bodies he can get for the next few weeks.

Sa not at training?

first-session-12.jpg

If he's metaphorically not in the picture I hope we have someone lined up ASAP, that selection is the definition of meh

I mean he could potentially be absent for other reasons (could've picked up an injury with the national team etc) but even still it's weird that they've taken that group pick without him.

Also, usually Deutsch would scoff at using training ground footage as a source for transfer/team selection speculation. Shows you how desperate he is for Sá to go that he's stooped so low... :ROFLMAO:

Also, usually Deutsch would scoff at using training ground footage as a source for transfer/team selection speculation. Shows you how desperate he is for Sá to go that he's stooped so low... :ROFLMAO:
Desperation makes you do things!

He probably has extra time off due to the internationals at the seasons end I expect.

Probably, I haven't seen Semedo on any pictures either thinking about it.

I wonder if Bolla and/or (less likely) Kawabe will be involved in first team training at some point. Again both were playing internationals into June.

I’m hoping Bolla now qualifies for a permit as I have hopes he might make it with us.

I go on the opinions of those in Hungarian football who called it a very shrewd signing at the time and felt he had a lot of potential. I’m hoping that might bear fruit but who knows in reality?

I did say hope rather than expectation!

Back