• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

The marking from corners is more pre season lack of intensity than poor defending, people will say you should be trying in the final pre season game but realistically why would you want to risk missing the season opener now.

That truly is abysmal stuff from us at the back. Soft as shit defending by Stears on the first, like Mark says Hause gets there and does nothing on the second and I'm not sure what's worst on the third, Doherty managing to nearly fall over a ball that's rolled to him under no pressure, Doherty failing to play a ten yard backpass properly under no pressure or McCarey missing the ball and it going right through him like some kind of mid 90s video game glitch.

I know that you are not Doherty's greatest fan :icon_smile:, but that goal was McCarey's fault - an easy take with no one near enough for any one to stop him doing so.

I know that you are not Doherty's greatest fan :icon_smile:, but that goal was McCarey's fault - an easy take with no one near enough for any one to stop him doing so.

They're both at fault, if the milkfloat didn't have the technique of a pub player then he wouldn't have needed to go back to the keeper in the first place.

Is there a little bit of complacency sneaking into Stearman's game now, having been so good last year?

For some reason on both corners Hause didn't make any effort to clear ball, just back into his man. Shame we just nodded it I'm on second.

The McCarey thing is laughable, I swear that's not the first time he's made a massive fuck up. He's not good enough for the Championship.

That goal from Bright is very good. No issues with him getting minutes this year.

They're both at fault, if the milkfloat didn't have the technique of a pub player then he wouldn't have needed to go back to the keeper in the first place.

That's fair enough, but McCarey had no need to watch it rolling under his body into the net when no one else was within 10 yards of him.

Who is it on the touchline that Bright runs over to celebrate with after he's scored?

Shame there's so much analysis of the goals conceded but hardly anything apart from Langers on a fantastic solo effort from someone who, maybe, might be up there with Robbie Keane.

:icon_lol: That's the funniest thing I've read on this thread......unless, no.... you couldn't be serious.

Can probably unsticky this thread now...

Behave, everybody knows football fans everywhere like to comment on how shit their team is rather than how good they are.

We gave away three awful goals to mid-table League One opposition, one week before the season starts, you'd have to be seriously naive to expect people not to comment on it. Especially as we base much of our planning on keeping clean sheets.

Fair enough, I struggle with taking it that seriously to be honest, apologies if that pisses people off.

We gave away three awful goals to mid-table League One opposition, one week before the season starts, you'd have to be seriously naive to expect people not to comment on it. Especially as we base much of our planning on keeping clean sheets.

Well said and quite correct. Silly goals are silly goals whether in friendlies or for real. Bad habits are hard to break

U21 squad for Rhyl: McCarey, Burgoyne, Matinyadze, Simpson, Carter, Upton, Breslin, Weeks, Harris, Rainey, Hunte, Leacock-McLeod, Bancessi, Reid, Wilson, Napol, Davis-Wilson.

Ronan, Deslandes, Graham and Enobakhare are definitely in and around the first team then.

Back