• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier League: Relegation Race

Obvs if we beat Sheff United and the shit then it's no bother

Fulham, Burnley and Brighton in our run in. We lose those 3 and it's squeaky bum time imho
What sycophantia says...

If we lose 9 of the last 10 then yeah we deserve to go down. As long as we beat a Sheff Utd team who have thrown the towel In though we will probably still stay up!

We are about on track for 46-47 points I think. Even then, 12 points from 10 games wouldn't be brilliant if we wanted to finish the season well.

I'm not saying we are going down, I'm saying it only takes a few results to go wrong for us and we'll be in the mix.

If we lose to Fulham, Brighton and Burnley - which is certainly in the realms of possibility it'll get a bit squeaky.

No chance Nuno will start experimenting until we are 100% safe.

It’s highly unlikely but not impossible, a lot of ifs have to occur for us to be in the fight. If you’re 9 points clear you’re not in the battle as soon as that drops below 6 points then you’re. We’re not very good but should have more than enough to get at least 6-7 points minimum from remaining games.

Fulham, Burnley and Brighton in our run in. We lose those 3 and it's squeaky bum time imho

It doesn't matter if they beat us in a singular game.

What your proposing is those sides along with Newcastle, collectively, put together runs of form which better whatever our own run of form is.

Burnley have just beaten a very ordinary Everton side.

Newcastle have injuries to their three most important attacking players who have scored or created what 65% of their goals and have the worst metrics for just about every measurable statistic in the league.

Brighton are down there because they couldn't finish their dinner and regularly play war crimes like Dan Burn in their XI.

Fulham look the most likely to get out of it right now, to a certain degree Scott Parker has learned on the job and they seem to have a reasonable defence with at least something going forwards.

We have our best defender returning and one of our better attacking options returning. We aren't pulling up any trees and we have obviously glaring problems at the moment but we're miles off relegation.

I think people are over-egging the relegation danger in an effort to defend the approach we've had to football this season tbh

I think it's a combination of lockdown overthinking and Wolves fans typically looking for doomsday scenarios to either claim 'I told you so' or in most examples to ready themselves for the pain.

On this occasion it's horsepoo though

I think it's a combination of lockdown overthinking and Wolves fans typically looking for doomsday scenarios to either claim 'I told you so' or in most examples to ready themselves for the pain.

No one is suggesting we’re going down, no one is suggesting we’re in the mix at the moment people are just warning against complacency.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not saying we will get relegated. I'm saying a few nasty results and we're in the mix.

Next two games are Liverpool and West Ham. I'm thinking we'll probably get 0 points from those games.

Then it's Fulham - I can see us losing that one given how well Fulham have been playing

Sheff United next - we should beat them

Then Burnley and West Brom - I'm taking nothing for granted in those games

Then Brighton - they have the potential to create lots of chances

Then Spurs - they're better than us

Everton and Man United to finish - both could need something for European places.

A slightly pessimistic view, but hopefully explains why Im a little nervous

Since we lost to Albion (which we shouldn't have, we had enough chances to have buried them by half time, plus their first goal wasn't even a penalty) our form is:

P9 W3 D4 L2

It's not like we aren't picking up points, we are. That's just mid-table form, we are currently a mid-table team.

As Lincs said, we have problems but not enough to be in danger of going down. Most teams down there have inferior quality, big injury lists, poor managers or a combination of all three.

It would take a huge mental collapse for us to get dragged into matters at the bottom, and I can't see that happening with Nuno, even in his current frazzled state.

This week's Brucie presser pearlers:

"Can we now get 17 or 18 points now in the last 10 games like we did at the start. That would be wonderful."

You got 14 points from those games Steve and didn't deserve to get them. Luck's run out, fella.

You get a bad run, and ours was December/January. Over the last seven or eight games, only Man United and Chelsea have beaten us.

Wrong, Palace have also beaten you in the last seven games. Which was your 6th defeat in 7, which later became 8 in 10 and you haven't won since.

Does he just think no-one will check? Not even my team and it pisses me off.

Back