• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier League: Relegation Race

Big blow for Fulham tonight,

Remaining games
Villa (a)
Wolves (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (a)
Burnley (h)
Saints (a)
Man Utd (a)
Newcastle (h)

Their hope is that Newcastle and Brighton stay in touch with them. They’ve got 5 winnable games but they’ve only won 5 in 30 so far.

They need to win every home game to stand a chance,

You think the best thing for them would maybe be a Brighton win this evening now? I know everyone in here thinks Brighton are some hard done side that is like the embodiment of Sacchi Milan talent combined with the likeability of the Reggie boys or something, however whilst I disagree they are good they are better than Newcastle.

Rather than a draw it might be better for Fulham to keep one side closer to them and just focus on them.

BHA don’t have a great run in

Newcastle (h)
Man Utd (a)
Everton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Sheff Utd (a)
Leeds (h)
Wolves (a)
West Ham (h)
Man City (h)
Arsenal (a)

Brighton will still be fine in my opinion. They are the best of the three anyway but I can see them having another little good run at some point, well more likely to than the other two

Fulham have won 3 out of 20, 5 out of 30. For all that people talk that they've improved, it doesn't translate very well into results evidently. I still think they'll go, Newcastle would ideally go though. Nothing to do with the club, nowt against them, I just never want to watch Wolves play a Steve Bruce team ever again.

I’ve watched Fulham a few times recently and they are not a bad team, but struggle to turn performances into wins. Hope they stay up, partly because of Cav and partly because I’ve never been there for an away game.

Not that I'm one of those freaks who loves it when Britain is the temperature of the inside of an apple pie, but if you get Fulham away on a nice day then it's the best away game in the country, comfortably. Even allowing for having to take out a second mortgage to fund it.

It's on my birthday weekend this year, naively when the fixtures came out I thought everything would be sorted by then :(

I hope Fulham stay up purely as it is an away game I have a chance of going to. Conversely to DWs post, the 17/18 fixture (end of Feb) was the coldest I have ever been at a football match...

Fulham have won 3 out of 20, 5 out of 30. For all that people talk that they've improved, it doesn't translate very well into results evidently. I still think they'll go, Newcastle would ideally go though. Nothing to do with the club, nowt against them, I just never want to watch Wolves play a Steve Bruce team ever again.
Some people started talking about Wolves being in a relegation battle after we lost to Albion. Since then Fulham have played 14 games and got 14 points, before that they had 12 from 16. So they've gone from a relegation side to one one who'd finish 4th/5th from bottom

I hope Fulham stay up purely as it is an away game I have a chance of going to. Conversely to DWs post, the 17/18 fixture (end of Feb) was the coldest I have ever been at a football match...
Wasn’t that cold was it? You hadn’t had enough beers!

Bouremouth at home when Mings went off injured though, turns out a tshirt and a jacket wasn’t the right attire, could barely watch I was that uncomfortable.

I thought we were in relegation then, mainly because I couldn't see us getting that amount of points we have.

Fulham maybe a tad similar to use currently in that good play or passages of control don't seem to turn themselves into goals or even chances.

Port Vale at home in 1995 (McGhee's first game, we lost) or any game at Boundary Park are the coldest ever, fact. Stoke is a close challenger, I hate that ground.

One which was my own fault when as per Punts, a light jacket and a t-shirt was not sufficient clothing to watch us beat Graham Westley's Stevenage in November 2013. I knew I was in trouble after about two minutes. It looked nice outside when I was getting dressed is all I can say.

Went to watch Hertha when on a stag do in Berlin, might have played Frankfurt, over St. Patrick's day weekend. Me and a mate were late meeting the others for breakfast so just dashed down the road in t shirt and jeans to join them, ended up dragged off to the game without being allowed to go back for a jacket.

Was cold enough to begin with then some fat American guy behind me spilt about a gallon of pop over my shoulder just before half time, wasn't enough beer in the country to stop me feeling that cold!

Leeds should get docked points for the number of players with man-buns - spotted at least 3 in last night’s starting XI.

Port Vale at home in 1995 (McGhee's first game, we lost) or any game at Boundary Park are the coldest ever, fact. Stoke is a close challenger, I hate that ground.

One which was my own fault when as per Punts, a light jacket and a t-shirt was not sufficient clothing to watch us beat Graham Westley's Stevenage in November 2013. I knew I was in trouble after about two minutes. It looked nice outside when I was getting dressed is all I can say.
Went to the Stoke friendly in the summer of 18 in a t-shirt.. thought it would be a) warm and b) exciting as Stoke were busy signing attacking players. Finished 0-0 (IIRC) and it was bastard freezing, they weren’t even serving beer.

Only been to 1 game at Stoke. Staffs Senior Cup Final - Kidsgrove v Stafford Rangers. It was so cold that night and the game was shit and the only goal came in the 119th minute.
Mr leedswolf classed it as a mild chill and did have to think before deciding an extra layer was not required

Back