• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier League: Relegation Race

Until we win a game Fulham will be thinking that they’re in with a chance as we have to go to Craven Cottage. It is slightly worrying that despite two wins all season they will believe at the moment they can catch us.

I think it's all highly unlikely still, but also I keep expecting us to turn the corner and we just aren't. We all remember Albion in 2002. Hopefully once in a lifetime stuff, but as others have said we're really in need of a win. Quick.

If it doesn't come soon, I think we're in real danger of slipping down to 16th/17th, and if we end up down there for a while it becomes a psychological battle. Anyone think Nuno and the team look up for that??

I think it's all highly unlikely still, but also I keep expecting us to turn the corner and we just aren't. We all remember Albion in 2002. Hopefully once in a lifetime stuff, but as others have said we're really in need of a win. Quick.

If it doesn't come soon, I think we're in real danger of slipping down to 16th/17th, and if we end up down there for a while it becomes a psychological battle. Anyone think Nuno and the team look up for that??
The Albion choke was at the top of the league, teams at the top win games, that's why they are there. Teams at the bottom don't. Fulham would need to win a game more than they have all season just to close the gap and haven't won in 2 months. A relegation battle isn't impossible, but to be in one we'd need someone else to play their part

11 more points from 17 should be ample 3 wins 2 draws. You’re asking Fulham to achieve 1.11PPG they currently average 0.7.
They’ve improved but they draw a lot and they’ve just played BHA and Albion two games they’d be targeting for wins.

Anyone who thinks we have any chance of being relegated I suggest you stick a few quid on at 25/1.
You'll find the current bottom three long odds on to beat us to it.

I've gone and stuck £20 on us going down, I'm happy to lose that, equally the £500 would be handy tbh

I don't bet on footy anymore but that doesn't change my feeling of unease. Over the last 10 games the only team we have better form than is West Brom, and that is due to GD and includes losing to them. I don't buy into the "Surely a win will come from somewhere" as currently it doesn't look like happening. Our February run doesn't look easy. I do think there is possible too much of a buffer but if we see some of the sides below begin to string some form together, and we still continue to lose then it's going to be a worry.

Maybe a few wins and Jose settling in and this goes away quickly, but it concerns me how quickly we have gone from being tipped to trouble the top 6 to looking incapable of defending and also having a penalty risk look about you.

Realistically I think 8 points is the mark I will stop all worries.

. I don't buy into the "Surely a win will come from somewhere" as currently it doesn't look like happening. Our February run doesn't look easy. I do think there is possible too much of a buffer but if we see some of the sides below begin to string some form together, and we still continue to lose then it's going to be a worry.
I have a mate, massive Newcastle fan , was saying the exact same thing, till yesterday

that’s the thing, you can fluke a win from anywhere. Opposition can miss open goals etc and GK gifts you a goal the other end.

the problem is that we are needing something like that, it’s desperate stuff

Well if they hold on, Brighton are moving to within 2 points of us with a win v Spurs.

I know it’s the bottom three’s results/form that we are specifically looking at, but it’s another team below us that is picking up results (Newcastle being another this weekend).

The sooner we pick up another couple of wins, the better. No idea where they’re coming from, mind!

Well if they hold on, Brighton are moving to within 2 points of us with a win v Spurs.

I know it’s the bottom three’s results/form that we are specifically looking at, but it’s another team below us that is picking up results (Newcastle being another this weekend).

The sooner we pick up another couple of wins, the better. No idea where they’re coming from, mind!

This is my worry, ending up 17th in a few games and how we'd mentally react to that

This is what my concern was. Much closer to the mire at the end of the weekend than the start and with no real on-pitch progress to hold onto, so we look the team least likely to string one of these runs together currently.

Sheff Utd v West Brom
Spurs v West Brom
West Brom v Man Utd

Fulham v Leicester
Fulham v West Ham
Everton v Fulham

Wolves v Arsenal
Wolves v Leicester
Southampton v Wolves

Looking at the above I can't help but worry we are likely to be closer to the bottom sides than we are today.

Pretty sure we all hope that!
These runs just come to an end for teams playing badly. We can’t get any worse.

We tend to do well against Arsenal, pretty much fully fit squad. Law of averages says we’re winning.

These runs just come to an end for teams playing badly. We can’t get any worse.

We tend to do well against Arsenal, pretty much fully fit squad. Law of averages says we’re winning.
I hope you are right. we have a 50/50 chance right now!

I think Fulham and Albion are losing the lot there.
They are winning 1 each at best. Looking at Fulham’s next 5 they are getting 5 points max.

Let’s say we only match that. 9 points to make up from 12/13 games. Just won’t happen unless they sign Tevez and Mascherano

You people are making me very nervous with some of these comments that other sides will definitely lose and our losing spell will just end!

Back