• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR vs Wolves Matchday Thread

Fair play to Lambert, first time I've heard him talk since he became Manager, says it how it is, fucking horrible.

I've started a Verdict Thread guys

Thought Cavaleiro had been fine, delivered around 4 or 5 good crosses that no one got on the end of. Yes he was offside a bit but he's a threat and QPR knew it. Saville gives no width and Wallace is shit but probably would have been a better option to try and maintain width.

Cavaleiro didn't play badly as such but he made a mess of at least as much as he did well, sloppy offsides, poor choices on the ball, that time he was played into loads of space by Saiss in the first half was a terrible waste for example. He gave side better balance by virtue of being a proper wide player but his individual performance wasn't anything above average so with a comfortable lead at that stage and him being on a booking too, I can see why it seemed like a safe change but as I said at the time there were better options to keep that width and balance. Either bring on Wallace to go there, he's wank but he'll at least stay wide and have a bit of a go given opportunity, or bring Bodvarsson on and have Dicko come onto the left for a bit, neither are ideal but they're a better option than Saville.

You'd hope Graham isn't too far away from a comeback now so there can be a proper wide option on the bench rather than having to fudge it.

It's not as binary as we win = everything is good, we lose = everything is bad though, is it. To use an extreme example, those wins over last Christmas and New Year, we quite clearly didn't play very well in any of them, somehow scraped through for the wins (thanks for the points but nothing else) but it was obvious that it wasn't a viable way of playing long term and there's no way you could really praise the performance. Accordingly it all came unravelling a few weeks later.

We didn't play especially well tonight, we did enough to merit a win against opposition who are not very good themselves, were set up appallingly and then had one of their own players shoot them in the foot. It's a start, there's still huge amounts of work to do though.

Back