• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

McCall confirmed as Rangers manager

I think the plan has to be:

- Get to the end of the season (they might go up through the playoffs but I doubt it as Hibs have smashed them in the meetings this season)
- Get rid of all the 30+ year old shite that Ally signed
- Let McCall do a similar job in terms of signings that he did for Motherwell, lowish budget but good returns

I still think a massive percentage of young Scottish players will sign for Rangers just because, so pick the right ones and next season should be a good one.

The last couple of seasons lay bare a few things:

1) Charles Green was a disgrace of an owner who spunked a ridiculous amount of money at park football
2) Ally McCoist was clueless about all things recruitment
3) Ashley wanted the club for Champions League money but let the fight go when 1) and 2) had combined to mean Rangers were very unlikely to make the top-flight next season.

Dave King is no angel, but things like the appointment of McCall suggest he is going to get Rangers back on the right track. Might take a little while but they won't implode again now, you would think.

Newly appointed non-exec Director Chris Graham resigns over a Tweet he sent before joining Rangers.

On the day of the Charlie Hebdo attack he sent a tweet to Anjem Choudary. Choudary had sent a message on Twitter which read "freedom of expression does not extend to insulting the prophets of Allah, whatever your views on the events in Paris today!" Chris Graham replied by sending a cartoon depicting the prophet Mohammed engaged in an explicit sex act with the Star Wars character Jar Jar Binks.

Clearly the club haven't had chance yet to get McCall measured up for his club suit. State of this!

5d6nyaP.jpg

Ignoring his suite. He does look like he has spent his free time trying to drink Scotland dry!!

Shit draw for them today v Livingston. Any hopes they held of going up this season can be shelved now and they have to concentrate on getting rid of the shite they have in the 1st team.

He looks like a dole dosser on a job interview.

images

I reckon he had been on a 48 hour drinking session before this Pic was taken

He reminds me of a Scottish bloke I used to work with, whose idea of a diet was vodka and bags of crisps.

Rangers finally get a win v Hibs this season.

Also my knowledge of the Championship playoffs was some what out of date. I was thinking it was just a shoot out between 2nd in the Championship and 2nd bottom in the Prem. Didn't realise it was 2nd, 3rd, 4th and then 2nd bottom of the Prem.

That means Hearts are not quite mathematically promoted then.

EDIT - tell a lie. It means they are champs. Rangers already couldn't catch them so Hibs dropping points means it is over.

That means Hearts are not quite mathematically promoted then.

I may be wrong though! as Hearts have been crowned as Champions today after than win for Rangers!

Off to double check

I was correct for the play off places but Hibs are now 23 points behind Hearts and can only get 21 more.

Champ play offs

3rd v 4th over the 2 legs winners then play 2nd over 2 legs, winner then plays 11th in the Prem over 2 legs. Drawn out affair is that

Apparently all those loaned Newcastle players were signed without medicals, Rangers are picking up 100% of the tab and four out of five of them have been injured since day one and are never likely to play for the club. Surely a pretty open and shut case for charging Llambias with fraud.

Apparently all those loaned Newcastle players were signed without medicals, Rangers are picking up 100% of the tab and four out of five of them have been injured since day one and are never likely to play for the club. Surely a pretty open and shut case for charging Llambias with fraud.

It is horrible what Ashley and the previous baord have done to a football club, but the mere fact it's Rangers and their cockend fans makes me non-plussed about the whole situation, just like the Portsmouth mess.

Ashley has done a proper job on them. Best of luck to the new board in sorting the shit out

Yeah, apparently he purposely sent the operating costs through the roof while he was in de facto charge. Countless pointless, expensive meetings, unnecessary spending all over the place all to try to make sure they'd have to draw down on the next tranche of loans.

Back