• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading Build Up

This isn't what I want to see, but I think we will end up seeing against Reading

---------------------Ikeme---------------------------

Coady-------Batth--------Stearman-------Doherty

---------------Price----------Evans----------------

Costa-------------Edwards----------------Weimann

----------------------Dicko-------------------------

Baffles me how everyone can see the limitations of this side, and of certain players, but managers continue to pick them.

Definition of insanity, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

The only players from that 11 above I want at Molineux next year are Costa, Price and Dicko

What I'd like to see:

-------------Ikeme-----------

Iorfa-----Willo----Hause---CBJ

--------Price------Saiss--------

Costa--------Bright---------Bod

---------------Dicko------------

It won't look anything like that but Lambert can fuck off for me as I don't give a flying fuck what runners he picks.

---------------------Ikeme

Iorfa-----------Willo--------Hause-------Doherty

---------------Price----------Saiss

Costa---------------Evans-----------------Bod

--------------------Dicko

Bod spends most of his time on the wings anyway, and Evans at 10 is an experiment worth making as Bright is not good enough yet and everyone else is not good enough full stop.

What I think we'll see:

Coady---------Batth--------Stears-------Doherty

---------------Price--------Edwards

Costa---------------Bright------------Weimann

---------------------Dicko

Iorfa-----------Willo--------Hause-------Doherty

---------------Price----------Saiss

Costa---------------Evans-----------------Bod

--------------------Dicko

Bod spends most of his time on the wings anyway, and Evans at 10 is an experiment worth making as Bright is not good enough yet and everyone else is not good enough full stop.

What I think we'll see:

Coady---------Batth--------Stears-------Doherty

---------------Price--------Edwards

Costa---------------Bright------------Weimann

---------------------Dicko

Thats the team I expect to see, maybe Marshall instead of Coady. TBF although its not the team I would pick, it could be good enough provided we play to their strengths and not just punt the ball up the field as in recent games

Players whom don't deserve to play:
Coady
Batth
Doherty (although little option, Hause isn't a left back and CBJ has the pox)
Saville
Edwards
Weimann
Bod

My team therefore:
Ikeme
Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Doherty
Marshall
Price
Saiss
Bright
Costa (on the wrong side, but will do better there than anyone else)
Dicko

Hause has played very well at LB a couple of times for us. He's solid there but not going to get forward. That'll do me for now.

Players whom don't deserve to play:
Coady
Batth
Doherty (although little option, Hause isn't a left back and CBJ has the pox)
Saville
Edwards
Weimann
Bod

My team therefore:
Ikeme
Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Doherty
Marshall
Price
Saiss
Bright
Costa (on the wrong side, but will do better there than anyone else)
Dicko
Is the left really the 'wrong' side for Costa?

He'd always played on the left before he came to Wolves hadn't he? His left foot is certainly his favoured one, I think he'd be more productive on that side, being able to have a go at his man and deliver crosses more easily rather than copping out and rolling it back to Coady majority of the time.

I'm not sure, I thought he was announced as right side when we signed him and although he's switched sides during games has always played there for us. I thought he was one who prefers to play on the opposite side to his strong foot like Jarvis.

Hause has played very well at LB a couple of times for us. He's solid there but not going to get forward. That'll do me for now.
I must have seen Hause at left back on half a dozen occasions or more. I wouldn't describe him as playing very well in any of them, adequate and doing a job at best. He looks like a centre half shoved out there. He was destroyed the last time he played in that position for us away at Boro.

Right here's my team...

.........................Ikeme
.........Saiss.....Williamson......Hause
Iorfa..........Evans......Price..........Doherty
.................Bright........Costa
.......................Dicko

Bright and Costa can play where they want.

Right here's my team...

.........................Ikeme
.........Saiss.....Williamson......Hause
Iorfa..........Evans......Price..........Doherty
.................Bright........Costa
.......................Dicko

Bright and Costa can play where they want.

If you go with 3 at the back then Marshall for Iorfa seems sensible.what's there to lose? We are shit at 4231 442 at the moment

If you go with 3 at the back then Marshall for Iorfa seems sensible.what's there to lose? We are shit at 4231 442 at the moment
Marshall on his own on the right would be a car crash, he could never defend and attack in his state.

Fours not going so good either.

Not really leaking goals though, are we. It's about as good as you're ever going to get from these clots.

Playing an extra centre half and giving even more attacking responsibility to our shit LB is not going to help us score goals.

Four at the back doesn't seem to work for us either.

We will concede pretty much whoever is at the back. I just want to see what an international defender does at the back wehile mitigating the defensive liability of Doherty and Marshall. My concern for three at the back is the lack of practice playing it.

Not really leaking goals though, are we. It's about as good as you're ever going to get from these clots.

Playing an extra centre half and giving even more attacking responsibility to our shit LB is not going to help us score goals.
I was thinking it gave us more ability to attack, rather than defend.

Edit - I don't like Doherty, but giving him more attacking responsibility and less defensive responsibility is good

Playing an extra centre half and giving even more attacking responsibility to our $#@! LB is not going to help us score goals.

Who in fairness has scored more goals this season than both our centre forwards.why did we sign Marshall if we don't give him a shot?

Back