• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

CyCdDKmWgAAeOaW.jpg:large

On the plus side the English national side wins the world cup and euros in 2020 and 2022 as they are all playing regular top class first team football in the premiership

Has May actually said that her faith in God will pull us out of the EU? Seriously??

Good grief, I certainly hope not!

She said: “I suppose there is something in terms of faith, I am a practising member of the Church of England and so forth, that lies behind what I do. It’s not like I’ve decided to do what I’m going to do and I’m stubborn.

“I’ll think it through, have a gut instinct, look at the evidence, work through the arguments, because you have to think through the unintended consequences. But ultimately, if you’ve done all that and you believe it’s the right thing to do , then you should go and do it — but sometimes it is difficult.”

From an interview in the Times.

So look at the evidence, weigh up the arguments and then do what your gut instinct tells you regardless. Such towering intellects we have ruling us.

Then blame God.... :/

People are going to the next Wolves game aren't they?

True. But we know "people" are idiots. You'd like to think that the individuals we elect to high office have more sense. Kind of the point of representative democracy.

Blair the new champion for remain:

Leading remain campaigners have said Tony Blair must be allowed a voice in the Brexit debate, with Labour’s Chuka Umunna, the former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg and the Conservative MP Anna Soubry all expressing deep disquiet at what they say has been the silencing of pro-EU arguments.

Emily Thornberry said on the Andrew Marr show that on Brexit, the Government "need to act on behalf of 100% and not on behalf of an extreme 5% of the 52%."

About the most sensible thing I've heard from any MP.

Back