• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

the county's debt has actually got considerably worse since thm started posting on this forum. coincidence?

my choice is the Premier League - all that money they rake in, yet since it was formed the country's debt has spiralled. and what about their contribution to immigration.

How has the high level of immigration benefited the 4.5 million, who are working below the poverty line?

Is the answer something to do with African doctors?

Strange thing is, you used to be able to see a doctor in a day in the UK, many people now wait up to a month. So try explaining to those 4.5 million working below the poverty line about doctors. The doctors surgeries can't keep up with the influx of newcomers. You can deny it, joke about it, or anything else you want, but the truth is normal working people, especially the 4.5 million working in poverty, have seen no benefits from the EU. Even Corbyn now says we have to put a stop on unskilled workers coming to the UK and that low skilled immigration have affected low skilled wages in the UK. I argued that long before he came out and said it. Of course many on here keep blowing Junker"s horn, head in the clouds, Guardian mist, denial.

Strange thing is, you used to be able to see a doctor in a day in the UK, many people now wait up to a month. So try explaining to those 4.5 million working below the poverty line about doctors. The doctors surgeries can't keep up with the influx of newcomers. You can deny it, joke about it, or anything else you want, but the truth is normal working people, especially the 4.5 million working in poverty, have seen no benefits from the EU. Even Corbin now says we have to put a stop on unskilled workers coming to the UK and that low skilled immigration have affected low skilled wages in the UK. I argued that long before he came out and said it. Of course many on here keep blowing Junker"s horn, head in the clouds, Guardian mist denial.

:icon_rolleyes:

Strange thing is, you used to be able to see a doctor in a day in the UK, many people now wait up to a month.

But we surveyed that question on this forum not long ago, and not one person had ever experienced that kind of wait. Not saying it doesn't happen at all, certainly the process of seeing a GP is less than ideal at the moment (most will have to phone as soon as they open or there's no chance) but we have a pretty broad cross-section here from all over the country and a wait of a month is not anything like the norm for most people.

They could all be lying I guess (I can assure you I'm not) but I doubt it.

I can see a doctor same day - 7 days a week.

Maybe I just know more about this country, being actually, well, resident here.

Strange thing is, you used to be able to see a doctor in a day in the UK, many people now wait up to a month. So try explaining to those 4.5 million working below the poverty line about doctors. The doctors surgeries can't keep up with the influx with newcomers. You can deny it, joke about it, or anything else you want, but the truth is normal working people, especially the 4.5 million working in poverty, have seen no benefits from the EU. Even Corbin now says we have to put a stop on unskilled workers coming to the UK and that low skilled immigration have affected low skilled wages in the UK. I argued that long before he came out and said it. Of course many on here keep blowing Junker"s horn, head in the clouds, Guardian mist denial.

The last three times I've telephoned to see a doctor, twice for my children, once for myself, I've seen one on the same day.

Each time you bring this argument up you extend the waiting time even further.

I remember as a child, when my asthma was at its strongest my Mum used to gave arguments with our Dr's when she tried to get a same day appointment for me. 2 or 3 times I had to wait 2 days and ended up in hospital. The good old days indeed.

I remember as a child, when my asthma was at its strongest my Mum used to gave arguments with our Dr's when she tried to get a same day appointment for me. 2 or 3 times I had to wait 2 days and ended up in hospital. The good old days indeed.

Well most doctors would come out and see you in the old days. Many people wait 2 weeks , to speak to a doctor by telephone now.

I can see a doctor same day - 7 days a week.

Maybe I just know more about this country, being actually, well, resident here.

No, maybe you live in a fantasy world where you are OK, but the vast majority of people aren't.

Well most doctors would come out and see you in the old days. Many people wait 2 weeks , to speak to a doctor by telephone now.

No, maybe you live in a fantasy world where you are OK, but the vast majority of people aren't.

Total shit and how you have the brass neck to speak with authority when you don't live here is beyond me. If you are going to try to speak with authority then you need to put up evidence, not Daily Mail horseshit but actual evidence.

And like the other posters before me, it's a pain in the arse to ring the doctors surgery but more often than not you can get an appointment. It isn't perfect but the scenario you are describing doesn't exist so is there any chance you can turn this shit in for the umpteenth time.

I rang the doctors two weeks ago and had one find me back within the hour and a prescription waiting for me following.

I can also get in the same day if needed.

As can my partner who needed to do so 3 weeks ago.

As can my partners mum who did so last week in a different place in the country.

I also needed a 'regular' appointment rather than anything urgent and was offered one within a week which I didn't think was bad.

Why would we want our doctors travelling around and seeing all of their patients? Seems like a waste of money to me.

I remember posting on the 'things that annoy you' thread about not getting an appointment having called the doctor's surgery for ages when I had labyrinthitis a few years back. Because it did annoy me - I had to wait til the next day to try again, and I got through and saw the doctor.

Not an ideal system by any means but it was a 24 hour wait, nowhere near the ridiculous made up scenarios THM has been talking about for what seems like months now.

Sorry THM but you're just wrong on this one.

Back