• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Corbyn doesn't want his cake and even if he got it he wouldn't be able to eat it.

Corbyn doesn't want his cake and even if he got it he wouldn't be able to eat it.

He does want his cake. And his cake is a delay to humiliate Johnson by forcing the blonde oaf back to the EU cap in hand.

Whether he gets to eat it is of course quite another question as we are about to test where he is actually electable in even the most favourable circumstances he could dream of. For me, the best he is going to get is being propped up by Swinson and Sturgeon.

Can't see Swinson propping him up as she's the other end of the spectrum to Corbyn politically. SNP would make sense.

Johnson will have the fight of his life in the GE. He wont have delivered Brexit so he'll struggle to win back votes from Farage. And there are way more Lib/Tory marginals than Lib/Lab. He also looks to have less charm and charisma than May.

In the corbynite spectrum anyone not 100% agreeing with the dear leader is a fascist.

Here's what I think will happen

We'll get an extension to Brexit
We'll have a GE
Labour will put forward their Brexit deal (which I'm assuming they've already lined up with the EU)
The slight majority of people want a deal rather than no deal
Labour will win by the narrowest of margins as they'll have a "Brexit that is realistic"
Brexit party, Boris etc fume but can't argue because it's the people's will

According to the Guardian, Johnson suggests he would rather break the law than ask the EU for an extension with IDS once again showing what a delightful man he is...

The former Conservative leader Iain Duncan Smith encouraged Johnson to break the law, saying he would be seen as a Brexit “martyr” if judges opted to put him jail for breaching parliament’s terms.

His best bet is quit as PM and let Corbyn take over and ask for the extension and deal. Then hope he is bad as many expect then destroy him in a GE.

Of course it's the media and not our own eyes that are telling us Corbyn is left wing.
A) does being left wing make him fascist? (On a week where Boris has kicked out his MPs for disagreeing him no less)
B) why is being "left wing" (his policies are centre/centre left) so scary to you?

07ff9384dcfba23e5da50bc5f499e1c9.jpg

Last edited:
He's left of Stalin... I read it in a Tory paper and they NEVER lie

A) does being left wing make him fascist? (On a week where Boris has kicked out his MPs for disagreeing him no less)
B) why is being "left wing" (his policies are centre/centre left) so scary to you?

A) Who called Corbyn fascist?

B) Who is scared of policies?

Of course if you're asking why I don't agree with the left wing policies above then we can have that conversation. In my experience people that blindly follow Corbyn/ members of momentum rarely want to discuss anything and are no different to Brexit Party members in their dogmatic belief in something that in practice is unworkable.

By and large it's not the policies which are unelectable it's the man himself. Part of of that is self inflicted, part of that a deliberate manipulation by the right wing press. Ultimately it amounts to the same thing electorally

A) Who called Corbyn fascist?

B) Who is scared of policies?

Of course if you're asking why I don't agree with the left wing policies above then we can have that conversation. In my experience people that blindly follow Corbyn/ members of momentum rarely want to discuss anything and are no different to Brexit Party members in their dogmatic belief in something that in practice is unworkable.

A) tredman, look above.

B) usually people who bang the "he is left wing" drum, like you.

C) you are making assumptions that anyone that may be sympathetic to the policies of the Labour party are "blindly following" and therefore ironically, make sweeping statements.

Back