• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Eo1IbEJWEAIOIk_

He's a hopeless lying fat cunt.

Lord Barwell (Theresa May's lackey) was on a news show in the week saying that Macron is scuppering the deal as if a deal is struck he is worried he'll lose the upcoming election to Marie Le Pen.

Also the far right nut jobs like Orban are hoping for a deal so he can get out without a referendum.

To add to it Italy and Spain are asking for more money from Germany (ECB) for a potential bailout and need a deal or they're out too.

Lord Barwell (Theresa May's lackey) was on a news show in the week saying that Macron is scuppering the deal as if a deal is struck he is worried he'll lose the upcoming election to Marie Le Pen.

Also the far right nut jobs like Orban are hoping for a deal so he can get out without a referendum.

To add to it Italy and Spain are asking for more money from Germany (ECB) for a potential bailout and need a deal or they're out too.
No way in hell that happens. Spain and Italy get a lot of money from the EU to simply up and leave. Furthermore, them being in the Eurozone complicates matters even more than Brexit.

Orban leaving would not be bad news though. They're throwing a fit as it is.

Boris will push it to the wire simply to be able to claim he pushed as hard as he could and by playing hard ball he got the EU to back down. That's how he'll sell it to the ERG. Really wouldn't surprise me if when everything is concluded the EU confirm the deal is to all intents and purposes the same as that on the table weeks ago.

Boris has just said there is a "strong possibility" the UK will fail to strike a deal with the EU.

Smirking as he’s telling the nation that a deal may not be possible.
He and his cronies might stand to gain from no deal or be wealthy enough for it not to matter but for hundreds of thousands whose livelihoods or businesses depend upon trading with the EU it’s a kick in the teeth.
Those hauliers whose businesses could fold overnight as they can’t get permits to take freight into Europe being top of list.

I’d take a few years without tariffs on the basis that if environmental/working standards diverge then another agreement would have to be sought. To throw it all in now is economic suicide.

Well that's the main problem for me, none of these fuckers negotiating a deal have much in the way of real life experience. It's easy to go Brexit when you've got a few millions stashed away.

Whilst Johnson is an oaf that sounds like made up nonsense, particularly as our media would be all over it.

You'd like to think it was made up, but Boris has form for this type of thing and coupled with the fact he seems to be merrily steering Britain towards a no-deal, my instinct tells me this account is true

Barnier was at the meeting/dinner wasn't he?

I found it cringeworthy that Johnson when asked to keep his distance/put his mask on said something along the lines of "you run a tight ship here Ursula."

Barnier was at the meeting/dinner wasn't he?

I found it cringeworthy that Johnson when asked to keep his distance/put his mask on said something along the lines of "you run a tight ship here Ursula."
You can see how he keeps being exposed to the virus

The good news is that my computer survived getting smashed up this morning when listening to the fivelive phone in.

Brexiter - I'm glad we are where we are now, project fear has been disproved blah blah blah.
Man who sells 85% of his goods to Europe - I'm going to be hit with tariffs on my imports along with customs clearance fees and having to pay VAT (he did state the VAT was reclaimable but would have cashflow implications). I also don't know if what I sell to Europe will be clobbered with various tariffs for the different products that I make meaning that my sales may well be uncompetitive.
Brexiter - You sound like an angry man. You need to stay calm. I wouldn't want to work for you. You need to have confidence that all will be OK. Do I detect an accent? You may find that you are better off with no deal.
Man - How can a no deal with tariffs applied be better than a free trade agreement with no tariffs?

Can people please stop calling him Boris. Other than in friendship circles nobody said Tony, John, Gordon, David etc. It was surname or full name. It gives validation to the character he tries to portray, it's not even his real bloody name

A lot of stupid people are in for a serious shock come January, on both sides of the debate.

I know a lot of my in-laws buy a lot of 'fast-fashion' from the UK. They wont be laughing when they see the new VAT and customs charges coming in from Jan 1st.
UK travellers in Europe are going to be clobbered with data roaming charges again.
Tariffs on imports/exports, huge delays to freight, severe job losses etc.....

But yeah, you may find you are better off with no deal....

Can people please stop calling him Boris. Other than in friendship circles nobody said Tony, John, Gordon, David etc. It was surname or full name. It gives validation to the character he tries to portray, it's not even his real bloody name
It's easier to write Boris than Alexander Boris De Pfeffal Johnson tbh

Back