• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I wish there was some clarity about the vaccine situation - I guess it will come clear in time, but the eu seem to be shouting about a few things.

1) AstraZeneca should divert some of the vaccines made in the uk to make up the shortfall in the ones made in the eu - that seems very unlikely given the uk ordered 3 months earlier and has contractual priority.

2) the eu should stop any vaccines made in the eu being shipped to the uk. This is the interesting one that needs a few facts - firstly, do the 100m ordered for the uk actually need any from Europe anyway? Secondly, if they do, is the contractual situation clear on who gets priority?

3) are the eu expecting to receive any of the vaccines currently being made in the uk as part of their contracts? I’m sure they are after the uk does it’s rollout, but what about before the uk completion?

the astrzaneca ceo has been really clear about the fact the uk has priority - is that backed up contractually? And the eu are complaining loudly about legal recourse (without having actually launched any legal challenges) - are they just doing it to try and save face/manage the message to their voters?

will be interesting to see how it all unravels...

Got no facts but appears the EU has badly managed their vaccine supply/roll out needs,and are now panicking cos their populations are asking difficult questions......was wondering if they've got elections coming up?
As for legal requirements, the EU have done a lot of backtracking the last few days which suggests they don't think they have much of a case.

I quite like Von Der Leyden, she’s a pragmatic and collaborative leader for the eu, which I think is far better than an autocrat like Junker, but she’s clearly under a huge amount of pressure at the moment.

interesting to see how the current argument with AstraZeneca pans out, because there’s quite a lot of words being thrown about, but it doesn’t seem to be doing much.

Nobody knows half of whats going on out there, it's absolute chaos but it's going under the radar, no one is hearing about it, in mitigation Europe is not helping matters one iota (when I say Europe I mean the French)

It’ll probably even out with 60-70% of the previous level. Our manufacturing industry will be irreparably harmed and no one will give a fuck because fish and blue passports.

We are having real problems. The aggregates we use in some of our mixes are Swiss. Lead time has gone from four days to a month. Absolutely screws us.

Brexit starting to bite us at work with the new Customs charges for items shipped from the UK.
Our procurement team did a deal last year with a UK based company for delivery of webcams, headsets and monitors to be shipped to us, which we then courier out to new hires who are not working in the office.
Anyway, someone dropped the ball and forget to cancel it or didnt realise about the new charges coming in, and a UPS driver turned up at our Dublin HQ on Wed with a demand for over €4,000 in customs charges for equipment, in order to release it.

What a fucking pain in the arse. An invoice wont work for UPS as they cant release the equipment until the fee is paid and we have a 60 day renumeration period and we need this equipment for the next onboarding which is on Monday. So we are now trying to find a manager willing to charge it to his company card on a Friday evening :rolleyes:

Meanwhile our radio is plastered with adverts telling businesses that the government has helped them grow by exporting with the amazing deals they have negotiated. Just fuck right off you lying cunts. I’m sorry, free trade with a huge economic bloc is NOT adequately replaced with whatever the office bike Truss agrees with a couple of countries.

The eu vaccine rollout continues to be really badly handled, really not helped by the public slagging of AstraZeneca by macron and the german press which means a large proportion of people no longer want to take it....

shambles.

It has been a disaster for them.

Their saving grace will be the J&J vaccine which is currently in for approval. They have something like 300m initial doses on order and it being a single shot will mean they play catch up with the UK very quickly.

That would be good. Assuming they get the organisation and distribution done effectively.
Think the vaccine arm of J&J is based in Belgium, coupled with learning from the mistakes made and having time to sort their shit out you would hope so.

As much as it's strange watching others struggle where we are knocking it out if the park they have to get this sorted because their success on top of our own means a quicker return to normality and poorer countries getting their vaccines early as well.

Last edited:
Back