• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

ACE are the sister company to my last employers, they were next door, both their managing director and ours were very pro brexit....not been there for 3 years so no idea how true this is.

Is there anything that explains how Brexit has enabled this?

I'd bet it would be cheaper for them to export if Brexit hadn't happened!

Just think. Eight years ago it wasn’t savvy. It was an entitlement as part of the Common Market

there was an alternative version of that article (or the express ripped off a similar article) in the guardian earlier this week

"Emily Fry, an economist at the Resolution Foundation think-tank, said most recent economic data has been muddied by the impact of the novel coronavirus pandemic and by fast-rising energy prices linked to the Russia-Ukraine conflict, but that the import/export slowdown over the five-year period illuminated by the analysis of the ONS data was a "big sign" Brexit was largely to blame.

"A clear implication of this (data) is that the new trade barriers that were put in place by Brexit are having an effect on trade," "

Pfft, the people of this country have had enough of experts

In a few years time a Bosnian passport is likely to be more powerful and useful than a British one.

Who would have predicted that just a few years ago? Not much fun being a third class citizen of a third country is it.

Today, we are recommending to open EU accession negotiations with Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Since we granted candidate status, Bosnia and Herzegovina has taken impressive steps towards us. In particular, the country has taken forward reforms by:
🔹 adopting the law on the prevention of conflict of interests;
🔹 adopting the law on anti-money laundering and countering terrorist financing;
🔹 improving the judiciary and prosecutorial system, the fight against corruption organised crime and terrorism;
🔹 improving migration management, with the approval of a mandate to negotiate a Frontex status agreement;
🔹 reaching and maintaining full alignment with the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy.

More progress is necessary to join our Union but the country is showing that it can deliver on its membership criteria.

The future of Bosnia and Herzegovina lies in our Union.

No British beef has been exported to Australia under the UK’s first post-Brexit free-trade agreement (FTA) as there is too much red tape, NationalWorld can reveal.

Earlier this month, an exporter of beef jerky had its shipment blocked by Australian border controls as the UK government had not requested access. It is thought this is the first time a British business had tried to export beef to Australia under the FTA, which came into effect in May last year.

I'm yet to see any of the "reasonably priced TimTams" that were much heralded by the fat fuck stain when the FTA was announced, too

To be honest Coles and Woolworth aren’t going to touch British beef. The customer base wants 100% Aussie on the label so it won’t sell.

I can confirm Tim tams are ace.

To be honest Coles and Woolworth aren’t going to touch British beef. The customer base wants 100% Aussie on the label so it won’t sell.

I can confirm Tim tams are ace.
Slightly better penguins, they are good but penguins are meh anyway.

Back