• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

And also...

He wants a No Deal exit based on WTO terms. Yo Nige, that means there are no negotiations to be had. Unless of course you're contradicting the one policy you have, you know the one that millions of people voted for a couple of weeks ago. I'd hate to think you were betraying ra peepul.
Not strictly true, he wants us to give them our list of demands, then when they are rejected No Deal, which within 6 weeks of us leaving they will come back begging.

While Farage is being all pantomime villain, the truly nefarious member of this ensemble is Raab C Brexit. To actually have the gall to even suggest suspending a parliament that won’t agree to force through no deal by denying it any votes and allowing time to run out. It’s a trick that would appeal to Hitler.

While Farage is being all pantomime villain, the truly nefarious member of this ensemble is Raab C Brexit. To actually have the gall to even suggest suspending a parliament that won’t agree to force through no deal by denying it any votes and allowing time to run out. It’s a trick that would appeal to Hitler.

We have this weird Tory election going on here where Rory Stewart is testing out policies with various media outlets for Gove to run on and Raab is doing the same thing for Boris. I don't believe for one second he think the Oliver Cromwell approach would work.

There seems to be an unsubtle way of testing the boundaries going on.

Gove's "pitch" yesterday was dreadful :icon_lol:

Basically what May has been doing with a pinch of extra stuff that we already know isn't an option.

Theres a good argument for saying 'Fine, Nigel. You're in charge. You've got until 31st October to use your amazing skills to negotiate a deal. Off you fuck....'

And then we'll see.

All that goodwill he's built up in Brussels over the years might be worth something.

Oh wait, he continually acted like an obnoxious fuck while failing to perform the very basic duties of his actual job.

If only he'd used his floor time in the European Parliament over the last three years to actually make some arguments rather than standing up, making a non-sequitur speech purely for the benefit of Russia Today or some nutjob right wing YouTube channel, then walking out. And that's when he bothers turning up.

Theres a good argument for saying 'Fine, Nigel. You're in charge. You've got until 31st October to use your amazing skills to negotiate a deal. Off you fuck....'

And then we'll see.

There is that argument. Until he fails, comes back and then says, 'I wanted no deal all along'.

So add a rider. If you fail, and we reach October 31st without a deal, we revoke.

And you get sodomised with a hot poker.

Preliminary agreement with South Korea agreed,

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jun/10/uk-south-korea-brexit-trade-deal-asia-eu

Good news for cars and whiskey, just not at the same time :beerchug::pint2:

It's brilliant that we can temporarily have the same terms as being in the EU.

If 99% of exports to South Korea are already tariff free the 1% that isn't * (*subject to a possible new agreement) will easy outweigh any negative impact of leaving the EU. Sunlit uplands only from now on!

It's brilliant that we can temporarily have the same terms as being in the EU.

If 99% of exports to South Korea are already tariff free the 1% that isn't * (*subject to a possible new agreement) will easy outweigh any negative impact of leaving the EU. Sunlit uplands only from now on!

I was actually surprised the amount we do with them, oh well I think that's 12 agreements in principle now with another 28 to go.

The bit about it being good for the automotive industry did make me smile.

Anyway don't panic we aren't going to leave.

Cross party attempt to prevent a future Prime Minister proroguing Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit against the will of Parliament.

but what about the will of the people?...

Cross party attempt to prevent a future Prime Minister proroguing Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit against the will of Parliament.

Lots of Tories making a noise about how dreadful no deal would be - tomorrow we'll find out how serious they are.

Labour motion...

8 voted against it
17 abstained.

Labour are fucking ACE

Back