• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Sniffer

Staff member
Reaction score
With the tough start that we’ve got we are likely to be involved in the relegation scrap from the start.
The first weekend is well underway and our fellow candidates are in action.

Losses so far for Forest, Luton, Everton, Sheffield United. Draws for West Ham and Bournemouth, with just Fulham and Palace claiming all 3 points.

Posted in the other thread:

Thought Forest looked okay today against a quality Arsenal team. Think they'll have enough about them to be safe come the end of the season if they keep their manager and key players fit.

Loss for Burnley too, though I don’t think they’ll be in the mix personally.

Everton will struggle, along with Luton and Sheff Utd. Hopefully we'll manage to score enough goals to keep our heads above water.

Loss for Burnley too, though I don’t think they’ll be in the mix personally.
Impossible to say against City really. Will be interesting to see where they are in a month or 2.

I will be surprised if Burnley aren't a slightly more competent Blackpool and little else.

Yeah I picked Burnley to go down elsewhere, partly because no one else had and I wanted a different pick, but I feel like they have dominated the Champ in a style they can't replicate in the Prem and that can't catch out teams and managers that can't change.

Like mentioned can't take anything from yesterday's loss except they are still a concern from corners from the looks of it.

Burnley will be in the mix, Kompany isn't Pep II

Teams that dominate the Championship like they did don't usually go down. They'd be bucking a trend if they do.

Yeah I picked Burnley to go down elsewhere, partly because no one else had and I wanted a different pick, but I feel like they have dominated the Champ in a style they can't replicate in the Prem and that can't catch out teams and managers that can't change.

Like mentioned can't take anything from yesterday's loss except they are still a concern from corners from the looks of it.
I said it earlier but I think it's inevitable that they'll have to make adjustments (they're less pragmatic than we were under Nuno and even we had to get more defensive). How Kompany manages that will show if he's up to this level.

Teams that dominate the Championship like they did don't usually go down. They'd be bucking a trend if they do.

I know what you mean, but the Champ was dogshit last season (look at who else came up). Not saying they'll go down, just I don't think they'll do a Fulham last year or even a Wolves when we came up.

I thought City didn’t look great last night yet won 3-0, could have been more and don’t think Ederson made a save.

Burnley may have dominated the Championship but I’m not sure they’ve added a great deal of quality.

I’m not sure using a comfortable win by the best team in the country is the best yardstick to measure how well Burnley will do.

It's impossible to judge teams like Burnley and Luton on their opening games against free scoring sides.

Sheff Utd will be disappointed, losing at home to a beatable Palace team. Same goes for Everton.

Remember Norwich beating City 2-0 on the opening day a couple of years back. They then quickly fell apart (but not before dicking us, obviously)

They didn’t dominate quite as much as they appeared to though. Quite an average selection of players plus some very young ones. They’ll stay up but don’t think they will be that comfortable

Back