• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham (H) Build Up

Langers

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So - this is fairly important. Tonight's point won't seem quite so satisfactory (it is to me results wise) if we don't go on to claim 3 points against a rank Rotherham side. They are BAD. Very bad. If we can't beat this shower, even I will start to get worried.

With players returning from injury, I really want to see us go for it and play with speed and width. This team for me:

-----------------------------------Ikeme------------------------------

Iorfa---------------Williamson--------------Hause-----------------Doherty (purely by default!)

-----------------------Saiss------------------Price--------------------------

Costa-------------------------Enobakhare-----------------------Cavaleiro

------------------------------------Dicko---------------------------------------

Subs: Ruddy, Batth, Evans, Marshall, Weimann, Ennis, Bodvarsson

The lack of options at left back really is dreadful - it's no endorsement of Deutsch's mate to have him in my XI, just that I can't think who else to stick there. Dicko has a goal and an assist in his last 2 games and we just HAVE to have more than 1 attacking outlet - Costa/Bright/Cav could be a very exciting attacking threat and I want to see them get a run out. Williamson HAS to come back in, clean sheet tonight or not.

I'd be amazed if Edwards doesn't start but you have to dream, eh?

Massive game - and I shall be partaking in more than 1 light ale pre and post match. Because I'll bloody well need them.

He will drop Hause for Williamson, not Batth I reckon. And Edwards will be stuck in there somewhere.

It will be ugly, but we will probably win. I'm hoping my pessimism is wrong and we play some vibrant attacking football with the team you have posted!

Don't think that Lambert is ambitious enough to really go for this - though it is the one game we really should win

There will be some tepid choices in the team which is not what any of us want to see - as long as we end up with 3 points then I will forgive him (if not then he can feck off)

Nah, he'll know we HAVE to win this.

Then again Ipswich were there for the taking tonight - apart from Lawrence they offered little yet he made only one attacking sub despite Dicko & Cavaleiro warming up for most of the second half

Ikeme
Iorfa Williamson hause doc
Saiss price
Marshall cavaliero Costa
Bod

What I want:

Ikeme; Iorfa, Willo, Hause, Saville; Saiss, Price; Cav, Bright, Costa; Bodvarsson

What I think we'll actually get:

Ikeme; Doherty, Willo, Hause, Saville; Price, Edwards; Marshall, Costa, Weimann; Bodvarsson

Saiss will get dropped IMO.

Squeaky bum time really isnt it. Here are the remaining games and what I think we will do in them.

Wolverhampton Wanderers Fixtures

March 2017

Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvRotherham United
Sat 11 Mar win
Championship BrentfordvWolverhampton Wanderers
Tue 14 Mar loss
Championship FulhamvWolverhampton Wanderers
Sat 18 Mar loss
April 2017

Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvCardiff City
Sat 1 Apr win
Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvNottingham Forest
Tue 4 Apr win
Championship Bristol CityvWolverhampton Wanderers
Sat 8 Apr draw
Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvBrighton & Hove Albion
Fri 14 Apr draw
Championship Leeds UnitedvWolverhampton Wanderers
Mon 17 Apr loss
Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvBlackburn Rovers
Sat 22 Apr draw
Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvHuddersfield Town
Tue 25 Apr loss
Championship Derby CountyvWolverhampton Wanderers
Sat 29 Apr loss
May 2017

Championship Wolverhampton WanderersvPreston North End
Sun 7 May win

So thats 4 wins and 3 draws with 5 defeats. That gives us 51 points. The key is not losing to Blackburn or Bristol City and beating an already doomed Rotherham but given our wretched form against the so called bottom sides this season who knows what will happen. Thats tight but should just be enough. Bloody disgusting to be in this situation though isnt it.

Paul Lambert can simply not put out anything resembling that shitfest he called a team last night. How many more times are we going to have to suffer a team that includes the likes of Coady, Saville, Doherty, Edwards and Batth?
Please, please, PLEASE can we pick a football team that can actually play football?!

I would like (I know, I'll be disappointed)

------------------------------ Ikeme (by default) ------------------------------

Iorfa ------------ Williamson --------- Hause ------------- Breslin(Saville)

-------------------------- Saiss ------- Price ---------------------------

Costa ----------------------- Bod/Bright --------------------- Cavaleiro

------------------------------- Dicko ------------------------------------

We know it ain't happening though, we're into default panic mode that Jackett got stuck in where shit players will play because "we'll be solid"

------------------------------ Ikeme ---------------------------

Doherty ---------- Batth ----------- Williamson ------ Saville

---------------------- Coady ------- Price -------------------

Costa ---------------------- Edwards -------------- Weimann

---------------------------- Dicko/Bod ------------------------

Urgh....

Ikeme

Iorfa Williamson Hause Saville

Price Saiss

Marshall Weimann Costa

Dicko

SUBS: Burgoyne, Batth, Doherty, Evans, Edwards, Bodvarsson, Cavaleiro​

Sounds like Marshall & Weimann played well last night so keep them in. Bring Costa back because he's Helder fucking Costa and Williamson/Iorfa in for Batth/Doherty. That back 4 + the 2 in midfield should be capable of playing the ball out from the back against a poor Rotherham side.

Cav + Bodvarsson to come on if we're chasing the game.

Then again Ipswich were there for the taking tonight - apart from Lawrence they offered little yet he made only one attacking sub despite Dicko & Cavaleiro warming up for most of the second half

I think he went for a point last night especially with the side he played, the Portugese lads and Dicko were on the bench just incase we went behind, keep them fresh for Saturday for the must win game.

Ikeme

Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Saville

Price
Saiss

Costa
Weimann
Marshall

Dicko

I think he went for a point last night especially with the side he played, the Portugese lads and Dicko were on the bench just incase we went behind, keep them fresh for Saturday for the must win game.

I think that's exactly what PL did. I'd like to see Price and Saiss (by all accounts they were ok last night).

We need to be much more attacking and control the game. The introduction of Helder and Cav should help with this.

.................. Ikeme

Iorfa - Stears - Willo - Hause

............. Price - Saiss

Costa ---- Bright --- Cavaleiro

............ ..... Dicko

We'll probably get

Ikeme

Iorfa
Willo
Batth
Doherty

Coady
Price

Costa
Edwards
Marshall/Weimann

Dicko

..................Bod..................
Weimann.....Cav...Costa...
.......Siass........Price..........
Doc....Hause...Willo..Marshall

Doc back as I can't imagine we will have much defending to do, load the fullbacks and let's attack!!!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

..................Bod..................
Weimann.....Cav...Costa...
.......Siass........Price..........
Doc....Hause...Willo..Marshall

Doc back as I can't imagine we will have much defending to do, load the fullbacks and let's attack!!!!

Bod in goal? Have you borrowed Lamberts sorting hat? :smarmy:

Don't like Weimann, Cav and Costa as three at the back either ;)

--------------------------------------------Carl Ikeme.

-----Dominic Iorfa----------Mike Williamson-----Kortney Hause-------Matt Doherty.

----------------------------------Jack Price----------Romain Saiss.

-------------------------------------------Ben Marshall.

---------------Hélder Costa-----------------------------------------------Ivan Cavaleiro.

--------------------------------------------Nouha Dicko.

Bod in goal? Have you borrowed Lamberts sorting hat? :smarmy:

Don't like Weimann, Cav and Costa as three at the back either ;)
Haha Ikeme is so special I forgot him!!!

Back