• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rubbish Pubs

Both of the above probably qualify.

Such a shame this place got smashed to bits. I miss it.

8640287835_76f19bb3d8_b.jpg

Staffordshire Volunteer in Bushbury. Woodbine. One a One Stop. The other gently falling derelict. Both have improved from this change of usage.

Some could drag all the other pubs in the Boris thread in to here?

Not sure if this place is still here but it was actually just like going into someone's house. A really shit house.

111018-042059_falcon.jpg

Inspired by Doosh in BJ thread. I'll start off with this haven of ale which graces the top end of Ashma. What an absolute shithole.

View attachment 3702
Any pub that looks like this is an utter dive and best avoided in my book.

Every time I've ever been in one it's been kakh at best.

The Woodbine was shiiiiite.

As was the King Charles.

The Woodbine has been falling to bits for years, no-one even wants it for land. Can't sell decent houses there as it's right near the train line.

Any pub that looks like this is an utter dive and best avoided in my book.

Every time I've ever been in one it's been kakh at best.
Agreed. That one is five minutes away and I've been in twice. In forty-odd years.

I used to go to the King Charles every day for a swift couple on my lunch break when I worked on the corner of Bee Lane.

The True Brit, the Ashmore and the Linthouse were my Da's pubs when he was young :D

I have also been in The Boat, a girl I was dating in 2003 said we should meet there. We did not date for very long.

The True Brit, the Ashmore and the Linthouse were my Da's pubs when he was young :D

I have also been in The Boat, a girl I was dating in 2003 said we should meet there. We did not date for very long.
The Ash is certainly no great shakes (it's recently been done up to a pretty decent standard in the bar to be honest) but it's a world apart from the Brit (shudder) and what was the Lint. I did use the Lint a lot at one point solely because nobody gave a fuck what you did in there and I didn't give a fuck what I did either but man it turned into a real shed over time. Last time I went in it reminded me of a transport cafe.

The Boat was a decent little boozer twenty odd years ago, now it's worse than the Tiger. Miles worse.

I'm pretty sure this place is run by fourteen year olds. If you haven't got a white vest on or a kid who's six years younger than you or a mullet you're not coming in.

The Boat was a decent little boozer twenty odd years ago, now it's worse than the Tiger. Miles worse.
That's the other trouble with pubs. They're like takeaways, if you've not been in there for a few months, there's a 50/50 chance it's suddenly turned terrible.

The Dog and Partridge at the other end of Wednesfield High Street was quite reasonable when I was, erm, 18, (honest guv), but as that's quite a while ago now I dread to think what it's been like since.

The Angel is home to the worst karaoke I have ever seen. Good fucking Lord man.

Back