• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rubbish Pubs

94678_25960_img_00_0000.jpg

Il capo di tutti capi.

Yeah i have been there too, admittedly it was about 20 years ago, but back then it was great. And back then it was genuinely about 30p a pint!
Oh Christ, went there in 2001 when we were still students (well, I was a foreign language assistant in Hamburg, but in terms of finances, same thing). Me and my mate Gary spent eight hours watching the football and getting caned, all table service, then they said they were changing staff so they needed us to settle the bill so far. We were properly bricking it, contemplating legging it and all that.

Was about £15 for the pair of us.

Oh Christ, went there in 2001 when we were still students (well, I was a foreign language assistant in Hamburg, but in terms of finances, same thing). Me and my mate Gary spent eight hours watching the football and getting caned, all table service, then they said they were changing staff so they needed us to settle the bill so far. We were properly bricking it, contemplating legging it and all that.

Was about £15 for the pair of us.
Yep, had a very similar occurrence in the "Dog's Bollocks" in about 2003. Amazing, so cheap it felt like it was free.

Haven't been since 2006, I'm sure it's not 30p a pint anymore!

Shout out for the Flying Dutchman.
the flying dutchman in penn/pennfields? went in there years ago.

Also went into manhattens. Taken there by some mates. I was the only white guy in there. Proper sore thumb time!

Irish pubs in Blackpool are quite something to behold.
On one visit a guy sat next to me at the bar in Gaiety's got glassed and no-one raised an eyelid.

On another visit the police raided through the front door and the pub emptied through the back. There was only me and my two mates left in there.

God it was awful. Should have had a couple more in the Flyer and then gone straight from the tube into the ground.

Inspired by Doosh in BJ thread. I'll start off with this haven of ale which graces the top end of Ashma. What an absolute shithole.

Capture.JPG

Thankfully the name's fallen off this absolute dive in Wednesfield so I haven't got to warn you not to go in there.

Capture.JPG

Back