• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Run up to the Forest game

Wolf Hunting

Reaction score
Can't believe this game's tomorrow and there isn't a thread up on it!
Seeing as I know nowt about football, but you all do, and I enjoy reading your input, will you lot get focused on it please?

Tough game and one from which we need at least a point. They've done really well since Dougie Freedman took over but we are one of the form teams in the division and will be looking to take all three points home to the Mol. We have pretty much a clean bill of health amongst those who matter. They have a few out injured but have also bought in a couple of loanees for the run in. One of these is Chuba Akpom from Arsenal who I saw come on for the England u20s last weekend. He looked big and dangerous and Danny and Stears will need to be on their metal to snuff him out.
I predict, for what it's worth, a battling 2-2. Afobe and Jack Price off his left ear.

There's no room for sentiment here, this is the business end of the season and we must pick our strongest team wherever possible. Can you imagine missing out on the top six because someone made a mistake and we'd left a better player on the bench because "they've got the shirt"? I can't be having that. You can't dick around at this stage.

--------------------Ikeme---------------------

Iorfa----------Batth-------Stearman-------Golbourne

Van La Parra---Price-----McDonald-------Sako

---------------Dicko------Afobe---------------------

2014/15: L 0-3 (H)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/9: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/3: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: L 2-3 (H, LC)

He's played better of late but still cost us a goal vs Watford and very nearly did against Derby as well (in addition to still letting far too many crosses come in from his side completely unopposed). You just can't be taking that kind of risk at this stage. Pick your best players.

He's played better of late but still cost us a goal vs Watford and very nearly did against Derby as well (in addition to still letting far too many crosses come in from his side completely unopposed). You just can't be taking that kind of risk at this stage. Pick your best players.

The same, pick your best eleven, is relavent for Hause at left back. Golbourne has to start as he is our best L.B

I agree with DWs team but it is a gamble as it is very attacking.

Any points gained here would be a bonus, and a win would scare the shit out of the others in contention, so go for it.

I agree with DWs team but it is a gamble as it is very attacking.

Any points gained here would be a bonus, and a win would scare the shit out of the others in contention, so go for it.

Agree with that, and also agree with DW's team, but I think attacking is the way to go. We really need to be forcing the issue in these last few games, and with Afobe, Dicko and Sako terrorising defences, we should be looking to impose ourselves on the game, force the opposition into errors like in the Derby game

Got a ticket last minute in the forest end looking forward to it

Definitely.

I've got a few decent pubs lined up

Awesome.

I'd go with the same team as DW, although wouldn't mind if Henry started instead of van La Parra. I can't believe that Kenny Jackett would be so stupid as to start Matt Doherty on the right and leave him up against Michail Antonio after what happened at Molineux. Iorfa must start, he might be the only full back outside of the Premier League who has the ability to dominate Antonio physically.

Last time we played Forest at theres they got lucky, on another day Lansbury puts those two goals in the stand and we nick a point...

I would go with Henry at right midfield too, otherwise we have to go with the obvious players for each position.

We've been able to look after the likes of Golbourne (foot issue ), Iorfa (young and just broken through), Dicko (hamstring) and have done OK results wise but like Dan says now is the time for us to pick our best team which is fairly obvious right now.

I do expect Doherty to start though. Did he score last time we played here?

Forest will need to go all out for the win as anything less than 3 points a game from here on in will leave them out of the mix at the season end. Whilst a win for us will send out another signal a draw would not be the worst result depending on what those immediately above us do. Ipswich have a difficult game home to Bournemouth, Brentford not a gimme away at Fulham & Derby entertain Watford

Our pace up front with Sako, Dicko & Afobe will have chances on the break & for that reason would bring in Henry & Iorfa down the right to make that side more solid. Need to win the midfield battle & have opportunity to release the front 3 at pace.

Agree with best players every game now - we have a real opportunity. Need 4 points from the BH games to keep the pressure on

Need Bournemouth to win and I suppose a draw from Derby - Watford would be desirable. I don't care if it's near mathematically impossible for us to win auto promotion. I want the lads to play like they can get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome.

I'd go with the same team as DW, although wouldn't mind if Henry started instead of van La Parra. I can't believe that Kenny Jackett would be so stupid as to start Matt Doherty on the right and leave him up against Michail Antonio after what happened at Molineux. Iorfa must start, he might be the only full back outside of the Premier League who has the ability to dominate Antonio physically.

If we don't go up I'd be looking to steal Antonio away from from Forest as a Sako replacement. Probably wouldn't come cheap but it's all theoretical anyway.

If we don't go up I'd be looking to steal Antonio away from from Forest as a Sako replacement. Probably wouldn't come cheap but it's all theoretical anyway.

Considering what Forest paid for Assombalonga, Antonio would probably cost quite a lot. If we don't go up I can see us going back in for Zyro.

I do like Antonio though, he absolutely destroyed Doherty at the Molineux. It wasn't even fair. First minute to last it was a complete mismatch.

Back