• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Run up to the Forest game

How much did they pay Wednesday for him? I remember when we played them under Ståle thinking he looked pretty dangerous but not the finished product. Assume he's improved a bit two years on.

£1.5 Million I think. Didn't have long left on his contract at the time though.

Wow. I thought he looked dangerous but not that dangerous. No doubt he's beyond Jez's preferred spending, then.

Also just poking around now he's apparently being watched by Hull City. They'd probably outbid us regardless, having spent ridiculous amounts on the likes of Abel fucking Hernandez.

I think we could find someone that would represent far better value than Antonio. He's good at this level but I very much doubt he'll ever go any further.

Is Patrick Roberts at Fulham as good as some would suggest?

He's going to be a very good player but no, unless we forked out a lot of money for him!

Knockaert would be a decent one to go for assuming we stay down and lose Sako. I doubt he'd want to drop back down to start all over again though. Maybe if the money was right, but he must be on a decent whack with his promotion bonus.

I like Knockaert a lot but do we really want a player that has already more or less proven he won't make the step up?

I like Knockaert a lot but do we really want a player that has already more or less proven he won't make the step up?

If he helps cover a gap & gets us there, then I could live with that. There will be other players who help us get there, but don't make the step up (this assumes that we don't make it this time)

He hasn't had a proper chance. He fell out with Pearson and has been frozen out. All the fans I know want him to play.

Ah, didn't realize he'd had a spat with the big Pear. Sign him up.

And nab Schlupp while we're at it.

Pearson is a monumental arrogant prick. At least we know Knockaert is proven in the Championship if we were to be in for him.

I reckon given his experience over this season he might want to go back abroad anyway.

Yeah but we already knew Eastwood was shit for the level he was at. Coventry should have as well.

I'll fix one up for you, Dan. He's a good player.

Oh and yeah Schlupp is garbage. There's one lad at work who genuinely thinks he's the worst player he's seen for them. Bit of a Guedioura in that he scores the odd wonder goal but is shite 90% of the time. He'd make VLP look clinical.

Pearson is a monumental arrogant prick. At least we know Knockaert is proven in the Championship if we were to be in for him.

I reckon given his experience over this season he might want to go back abroad anyway.

There was some talk this week of him going to Charlton, who IIRC are owned by the people who own Standard Liege? That sounds reasonably plausible. Buy him and then ship him to Belgium if he doesn't wanna stay in England.

For the record I don't mind Knockaert, he's decent, I think we could do better though.

Schlupp is a terrible footballer.

Back