• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Run up to the Forest game

Anyway, back to Forest. I reckon I'd go with:

Ikeme

Doherty - Batth - Stears - Golbourne

VLP - Price - Macca - Sako

Afobe - Dicko

I guess this might be a good game for Edwards too if we decide to go 4-2-3-1 at any point. Will occupy Gardner's attention at least with his runs.

Why Doherty, Bear?

For the record I don't mind Knockaert, he's decent, I think we could do better though.

Schlupp is a terrible footballer.
He reminds me of Tim Steele or an early Matt Jarvis, gets the ball, runs fast down the wing, then doesn't know what to do with it.

Anyway, back to Forest. I reckon I'd go with:

Ikeme

Doherty - Batth - Stears - Golbourne

VLP - Price - Macca - Sako

Afobe - Dicko

Be surprised if we go with Ikeme this quickly (unless he played in the U21s v Derby then no game time yet)

Deutsch's with Henry for RVLP for me. I expect to see Doherty though

Those advocating sticking with Doherty. Did you see the reverse fixture at Molineux where Antonio butchered Doherty from the first minute to last? It was a bloodbath.

Yes but he deserves to keep his place in the team. Maybe that was just a particularly poor game from him.

Don't get me wrong, Iorfa is the more reliable player there but no manager worth his salt would change a winning defence that has kept two clean sheets in a row.

Yes but he deserves to keep his place in the team. Maybe that was just a particularly poor game from him.

Don't get me wrong, Iorfa is the more reliable player there but no manager worth his salt would change a winning defence that has kept two clean sheets in a row.

Of course they would change their defence. If you think Iorfa is going to deal with Antonio better than Doherty then you pick him even if that defence has kept 10 clean sheets in a row. Far too often sides get picked because he played well last week rather than he's the best one for who we are playing today.

As I said earlier, if we end up losing a game because an inferior player ends up making a mistake while we had a better player available that will be a massive blot on the manager's copybook. If we put out our best team and come up short then fair enough, we gave it our all. We cannot be handicapping ourselves at this stage of the season out of some warped sense of "fairness". If you want to go down that road then Iorfa shouldn't have been dropped in the first place. And you'd happily change the goalkeeper who's kept the exact same two clean sheets.

Doherty costs us goals, that is a fact. Iorfa is our best right back, that is also a fact.

IMO no manager worth his salt would put a defender up against a far superior winger twice in a season when he has a better alternative on the bench.

Antonio is better than Doherty in every aspect. It's not even close. Don't put him up against Antonio, it can only turn out one way.

Those advocating sticking with Doherty. Did you see the reverse fixture at Molineux where Antonio butchered Doherty from the first minute to last? It was a bloodbath.

TBF, second half the whole team fell apart

And you'd happily change the goalkeeper who's kept the exact same two clean sheets.
Except Tomas looked dodgy in his last game. Doherty has had two good games. If he's playing well then I have no problem picking him until he needs to be changed.

Doherty was passable against Derby but our weakest outfield player by a distance. That missed header in the first half could easily have cost us, schoolboy defending and that is what you get from him as well as a steady stream of unchallenged crosses, which again we got away with against Derby, they must have easily got a dozen in from that side that he was nowhere near stopping, fortunately the centre halves were on their game. Leaving him in until he makes a mistake which costs us is barmy when we have a better alternative.

I'm certain Doherty will play and I'm worried it will cost us

Is this game televised somewhere?

Middlesbrough-wigan and ipswich-bournemouth here in sweden today

Back