• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ryder Cup

Wow, just WOW! Great fight back

10-4 at one point.

I have to admit that we were getting beaten so badly that I had given up on it last night and stopped watching, so wasn't even aware it was quite that bad.

I have avoided the score all day and just watched the BBC highlights.

What a day of golf! Unbelievable.

I'm absolutely gutted we lost this. Is this how you all felt in '99? Congrats though. Well played

A better comeback than when Wolves were 3-0 down to Leicester.

The crowd seemed curteous all weekend and special mentions to Phil Mickelson who applauded Justin Rose and stuck his thumb up to him on the 17th when he holed his birdie and to Davis Love who was gracious in defeat and declared golf as the winner.

I've never been a massive fan of Mickleson. But yesterday he really impressed me both with his play and his grace when Rose pegged him back.

He was a credit to his team yesterday.

I think he did well sticking up for Davis Love too. Still can't stand the bloke.

Paul McGinley is the European captain for the 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles.

Stephen Gallacher, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood chosen by McGinley as the wild cards.

Can't argue too much, Luke Donald misses out. Gallacher is in hot form, Westwood has vast RC experience and points won and Ian Poulter, although he annoys me, is undeniably talismanic.

I'd have picked Donald instead of Westwood. He has a brilliant Ryder Cup record, much better than Westwood's and I read that his record on the greens this season is one of the best on the US tour.

Agreed, although I would actually have preferred Gallacher to have squeezed out McDowell for the 9th place and then Donald to be given the pick over McDowell

Stephen Gallacher, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood chosen by McGinley as the wild cards.

Can't argue too much, Luke Donald misses out. Gallacher is in hot form, Westwood has vast RC experience and points won and Ian Poulter, although he annoys me, is undeniably talismanic.

I think it is Westwood's experience that gave him the nod. Sometimes in the heat of battle, you need that little bit of experience.

Luke Donald has 4 Ryder Cup appearances to his name so he is hardly a novice.

Donald has won 70% of points on offer, Poulter 80%, and Westwood 57%.

Back