• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ryder Cup

Hereford Wolf

Reaction score
Just about my favourite televised sporting event.

Anybody else looking forward to this?

Yep, can't wait - should be a lot tighter than in recent years too. I just hope if we do get to a tight finish then we don't see similar scenes to Brookline 1999.

I'm not keen on Olazabal as a captain, I have to say - his PR has been really poor on occasions in the build-up. I can see him using McIlroy all wrong and continually matching him against Woods.

I love the Ryder Cup but now it's on Sky I won't be seeing it. Highlights just aren't the same.

8/11 USA 6/4 Europe & 10/1 a tie.
You could gain better odds betting in play as the matches fluctuate and early points totals see the money follow the favourites.

Yep, can't wait - should be a lot tighter than in recent years too. I just hope if we do get to a tight finish then we don't see similar scenes to Brookline 1999.

It was quite close last time - Europe 14.5 USA 13.5. With regards to a repeat of Brookline I do think that it is heading that way after hearing what Davis Love and Brandt Snedeker have had to say.

We were absolutely miles in front going into the singles though - it was only a choke of near Dave Jones proportions which made it anything other than a formality.

First drive by GMac was celebrated wildly by the Yanks as he hooked it. A sign of things to come with regards to the crowd behaviour. (Radio Commentary only)

Europe ask for a free drop due to a sprinkler hole. An American Wag shouts "hit your drive better next time." Rows between Jim Furyk and the official who initially ordered a free drop. Row about who to play next, cheers when Rory misses and Europe one down.

Europe down in two now as Bradley birdies against Donald & Garcia.

Europe down in two, up in one as Westwood takes a hole with a par.

Tiger's tee shot just landed in my garden.

Don't let him have it back. I love looking at his miserable face when things aren't going right for the mardy bar steward.

I can't believe this event is taking place less than an hour away from me and I'm not there.

Down in two, level in two.

Edit, Down in one level in three. Rory strikes back.

I love the Ryder Cup but now it's on Sky I won't be seeing it. Highlights just aren't the same.

One of the most exciting times experienced with live sport, was listening to the ryder cup a few years ago on fivelive, whilst having the scores on good old ceefax. It was riveting!

I can't believe this event is taking place less than an hour away from me and I'm not there.

I live about 4 miles from the Belfry which has held several Ryder Cups and I've never been.

Wow, and Stricker with an amazing shot underneath a tree

Europe up in two and down in one now.

Back