• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

SC Braga (A) 28.11.2019 Build-Up Thread

SSB

Reaction score
A while away, but opening the thread to keep info separate.

Flights booked, hotels booked. Already really looking forward to the match (and a few days in Porto!)

I am going to look at flights and a room today. Where are you flying from SSB?

Even if I can’t get a ticket, I’ll spend a couple of days somewhere I’ve never been before!

Liverpool had 2,900 tickets in 2011 and there would’ve been an additional 900 had they sold them all, so I’m guessing tickets won’t be too hard to get.

I am going to look at flights and a room today. Where are you flying from SSB?
We’re flying out of Birmingham with a +1 stop both ways. Supply and demand quickly increased direct flights above what I was willing to pay.

We’re flying out of Birmingham with a +1 stop both ways. Supply and demand quickly increased direct flights above what I was willing to pay.

How longs the journey total? I’m genuinely intrigued by what people have been willing to accept. My mates are booking the Brum - Alicante - Porto and Porto - Dublin - Brum. It’s cheap but there’s like 4 hour stop off. I can’t do it because it means Wednesday off. But it’s a false economy in my mind anyway

Sometimes it is a LOT better to have a few hours stop. Having only an hour leaves you wide open to missing the connecting flight if there is any delay.

When I fly to Oz I always have picked a schedule with about 4 hours in Singapore to stretch the legs and have a couple of beers rather than run from one flight to another. Sprinting across an airport for connections is just not a lot of fun.

(Although in this scenario I would infinitely prefer a direct flight as Porto is only a couple of hours)

Journey time is prob just under six hours. But an early start means will still be in Porto early afternoon. It’s a lot less of a layover than the one I had for Turin.

No good for me. Don’t know what I’m gonna do.

Gonna sit on it for a bit and make a decision further down the line.

Tickets on sale.

If anyone has number(s) with points I could use, it'd be much appreciated!

ID required to pick the tickets up (as for all away European games) so sadly that won't work.

Seems that Braga don't give much of a shit if you buy tickets in the home areas though (clearly don't rock up with your "Gilkes 3" shirt on the day)

Of course, I did see that mentioned before. Struck down with the flu at the moment so mind's not working.

Looks like it's going to be the home end then, barring a miracle.

Can. Not. Wait. Wonder how many we'll take...4k?...5k...??

2,000 as I reckon those in the home end won't get their tickets for some reason.

Braga ticket office have already said they're going to put all the wolves fans in the upper tier regardless of whether they bought from Wolves or Braga

2,000 as I reckon those in the home end won't get their tickets for some reason.

Do you honestly think the authorities in Braga are going to turn away the countless people who have bought tickets from them? As weasel has said they have already made plans.

They’ll be easier to control than in the town

Looks like a good turnout for this. Our allocation selling well + those who have bought directly from Braga which I can only see increasing.

Wolves are 5/2 for this game with Bet365. I'd say that's too big given that we were marginally the better team in the first game and are now playing much better. Even with Braga being at home I'd have us around 7/4

Back