• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd (A) 8/7 Build-Up and Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind us going 352 tbh as long as it's Jota or Neto with Jimenez. Wear them out a bit, then bring on Traore and go 343

That said I'm not really sure how they play. Against Arsenal I feel we actually got a bit out-width'd, and maybe the 343 would have helped there

----------------------------------Patricio----------------------------

-----------------Boly-------------Coady-------Saiss------------------

Doherty---------------Moutinho---------Neves------------Jonny

---------------Neto-------------Jimenez----------Jota----------------

Traore for the last half hour, for me.

----------------------------------Patricio----------------------------

-----------------Boly-------------Coady-------Saiss------------------

Doherty---------------Moutinho---------Neves------------Jonny

---------------Neto-------------Jimenez----------Jota----------------

Traore for the last half hour, for me.

Same team (as I said before I don't mind which of Traore/Neto starts). I suspect will be Traore.

I think we can be more proactive, and I think Nuno may favour this approach against Sheffield United as I don't think we will want to allow them to take control as they play at a real intensity at their best which they've looked closer to recently.

Can't believe McGoldrick is still going. I can believe he's on 0 goals though. Have people not got fed up of him doing quite well and then rolling it wide yet...

Can't believe McGoldrick is still going. I can believe he's on 0 goals though. Have people not got fed up of him doing quite well and then rolling it wide yet...

If he scores the blame is solely on you!

He performs a very important role for them, tbf, they are better with him in the side I think. He's got into plenty of good positions to score, just hasn't been able to convert at all!

Nuno on team news for Sheffield United: "During the match we had a strong kick on a player we have to assess for tomorrow. We have to wait and see how he is for tomorrow."

Lets play, guess the crocked player.

Doc or Adama

Neto has a knock and might not be available.

Nuno on team news for Sheffield United: "During the match we had a strong kick on a player we have to assess for tomorrow. We have to wait and see how he is for tomorrow."

Lets play, guess the crocked player.

Doc or Adama

Shit game as then Nuno announced it after not saying who.

Podence in the squad as well. Might get a chance to play more than 5 mins tomorrow

So, Daniel Podence has been cleared by Premier League to play for Wolves against Sheffield United after new law came in re quarantine rules. Hasn't trained properly but been doing work from home and Nuno doesn't think fitness will have taken a huge dip.

Saiss took quite a whack late on second half from someone who left his foot in against Saiss clearance

Said on another thread if Neto is deemed not fit I'd like us to go to 532 with Traore on the bench, feel we need an option on the bench to change the game. Don't think Podence is anywhere near ready yet (think he'll likely come good next season when we'll see the best of him).

Well time to hold my hand up and accept that I’ll be banned from the forum for this piece of heresy. I’d leave Moutinho out, because with him and Neves in CM I fear we are simply too slow and we’ll be overrun by the Blades’ higher intensity. I reckon two wins are needed for the top 6, but no way we’ll get one tonight if we play like we did against Arsenal.
So 343 I’d go with Neves and Donk and 352 I’d go with those two plus – even though I am a long, long way from his biggest fan - MGW

Well time to hold my hand up and accept that I’ll be banned from the forum for this piece of heresy. I’d leave Moutinho out, because with him and Neves in CM I fear we are simply too slow and we’ll be overrun by the Blades’ higher intensity. I reckon two wins are needed for the top 6, but no way we’ll get one tonight if we play like we did against Arsenal.
So 343 I’d go with Neves and Donk and 352 I’d go with those two plus – even though I am a long, long way from his biggest fan - MGW

I wouldn't be dead against Gibbs-White starting either to be fair I've thought this could be an option, a little further forward in a midfield 3 though not sure about including him if its a 2.

I think Neves and Moutinho did really well in the home game against Sheffield United where we should have won the game IMO. Fleck is a big miss for them and I think we could afford to be positive enough to play 343 and not be overrun due to how well we defend anyway. That said I think it will be 352 with Diogo and Raul up top :D

Gibbs- white would only really work in the Dendonker role of working hard in midfield and breaking beyond the forwards, but he’s not as good defensively and nowhere near as good as him in the air (which we rely on quite a bit). I don’t think MGW is experienced or disciplined enough to play the Moutinho role.

Conversely, I would like him To get some games to see whether he can blossom now he’s over his back problems.

It's a tough one. He needs meaningful minutes, not five minutes when a game is done. I think he may get them soon as we will need to rotate slightly, I hope he can take any chance he gets

I think Neves and Moutinho did really well in the home game against Sheffield United where we should have won the game IMO. Fleck is a big miss for them and I think we could afford to be positive enough to play 343 and not be overrun due to how well we defend anyway. That said I think it will be 352 with Diogo and Raul up top :D
Lundstram is out too.

Yeah, though Berge is filling in quite well for him now after a slow-ish start.

O'Connell came on for them against Burnley, but he may struggle to do the full 90?

Hopefully. Jack Robinson is nowhere near as good. If he starts I'm sticking a fiver on him to get sent off.

I actually think we defend better in a 3-4-3 but I get why Nuno goes 3-5-2 against certain teams. Allows the wing backs + Moutinho/Dendoncker to push 10 yards higher ahead of Neves.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back