• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd (H) FA Cup 3rd Rd (9/1/21) Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if a player made the step up from u23 straight into PL, the two levels are miles apart. The pathway is much more likely to involve going out on loan.
It seems to happen in other clubs , but not here for some reason.

Name some examples Cyber. Loans out, unless for the exceptionally gifted, seems to be the pathway to get success at your club.
Jones at Liverpool, Chalobah at Chelsea, McTominay, Greenwood and Rashford at Utd, Simth-Rowe, and Saka at Arsenal would be the most recent.

Can't think of many more coming straight in from the 23's. It really isn't fit for purpose.

Jones at Liverpool, Chalobah at Chelsea, McTominay at Utd would be the most recent.

Can't think of many more coming straight in from the 23's. It really isn't fit for purpose.
I don't really like the idea of B teams competing in the pyramid but it would certainly help with youth development.

I don't really like the idea of B teams competing in the pyramid but it would certainly help with youth development.
I don't agree with that either, it's essentially stockpiling talent.

Let the kids go if you're not playing them. They can further their own careers from there. Our give them a contract and loan them out.

Jones at Liverpool, Chalobah at Chelsea, McTominay, Greenwood and Rashford at Utd, Simth-Rowe, and Saka at Arsenal would be the most recent.

Chalobah was on loan last season wasn't he?

I don't agree with that either, it's essentially stockpiling talent.

Let the kids go if you're not playing them. They can further their own careers from there. Our give them a contract and loan them out.
We already do the latter, the u23 is a place for them to develop whilst they mature from u18s into 'mens' football.

I personally think we've got the purpose of u23s right, in that it's a shop window before going out on loan. I don't see there being a realistic jump from youth football (u18s, u23s) into pl football without loans. If they're good enough for the championship / L1 they shouldn't be playing u23s (or any youth football) anyway as it's a waste for them.

We already do the latter, the u23 is a place for them to develop whilst they mature from u18s into 'mens' football.

I personally think we've got the purpose of u23s right, in that it's a shop window before going out on loan. I don't see there being a realistic jump from youth football (u18s, u23s) into pl football without loans. If they're good enough for the championship / L1 they shouldn't be playing u23s (or any youth football) anyway as it's a waste for them.
Sadly that's what is happening too often in academies.

Young players are surprisingly resilient and given the right loan they can thrive, sometimes players find a level they like. The main thing is they're playing real football and not some fake nonsense that doesn't prepare them for anything.

Ben Johnson at Wham, Mitchell at Palace, Ramsey at Villa without thinking too.

TV games:

Swindon vs Man City (ITV)
Millwall vs Crystal Palace (ITV)
Hull vs Everton (BBC)
West Ham vs Leeds (ITV)
Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal (ITV)
Man Utd vs Aston Villa (BBC)

What a shock the Beeb chose Man Utd.

BBC Sport is an embarrassment.

Will always happen, viewing figures are king.

We shouldn't be parking tickets above a tenner for this one.

Team for Sunday:
------------------Ruddy------------
----Sanderson---Coady---Kilman---
Hoever--Dendoncker--Cundle--RAN
-----Traore------Silva-------Giles-----

9 changes, but play Coady and Kilman to get them used to Sanderson and vice versa.
Bit too much change for my liking, we should be targeting this competition imo, we're hard to beat and we have nothing else to play for this season.
I like your defence and midfield but would go with Trincao-Raul-Podence to start with and try and get Fabio a good amount of time later on

Think will probably see Donck in midfield with Neves. Giles probably on the bench? Sanderson has to start really so we can see him alongside those defenders ahead of the Southampton game.

I hope Fabio starts this one personally. Now is the time to give him a start after a good cameo and he's probably feeling good about himself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back