• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd (H) FA Cup 3rd Rd (9/1/21) Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course some players will be rested but hoping we're taking the cup seriously and put out a strong XI. With favourable draws, we have as good a chance as anyone to go far in this competition. Oh for a bit of cup glory again!

Team for Sunday:
------------------Ruddy------------
----Sanderson---Coady---Kilman---
Hoever--Dendoncker--Cundle--RAN
-----Traore------Silva-------Giles-----

9 changes, but play Coady and Kilman to get them used to Sanderson and vice versa.
I'd play Jordao instead of Cundle with a view to giving Cundle time at the end if the situation permits.

Is there any possibility that Marcal at LCB is an / the preferred option for the league, so the selection to trial in the cup sees him in there and RAN back at LWB? Would mean no new personnel dropped in to a successful unit. That’s very much a genuine question, I’ve no problem with Sanderson and I imagine folk on here will know why he seems to be the more likely candidate.

Is there any possibility that Marcal at LCB is an / the preferred option for the league, so the selection to trial in the cup sees him in there and RAN back at LWB? Would mean no new personnel dropped in to a successful unit. That’s very much a genuine question, I’ve no problem with Sanderson and I imagine folk on here will know why he seems to be the more likely candidate.
Thats not a bad shout actually. Marcal does have the ability at LCB if not the height!

----------Ruddy-----------
----Sanderson---Coady---Kilman
Semedo---Neves--Cundle--Donk---RAN
-----------Raul---Fabio

If we play Sanderson it means if we decide he needs to go back out on loan he has to go back to Birmingham. By sounds of it they sorted a replacement already, which would leave him competing for a spot here. He's really benefitted from senior football so wonder if we might hold off on playing him in the FA Cup if Bruno is unsure of actually having a use for him

Same goes for Giles but I think Cardiff would take him back in a heartbeat.

I'm just wondering if, when we play Southampton, Bruno's inclination is to field players with successful Premier League experience this year, rather than benching one to play a young player with some good Championship experience. That sounds a bit unlikely, but I have no idea and, if it's as simple as Sanderson already looks a better CB than Marcal (faster, taller, uhm, better), that's fine. Not for too long anyway.

If we play Sanderson it means if we decide he needs to go back out on loan he has to go back to Birmingham. By sounds of it they sorted a replacement already, which would leave him competing for a spot here. He's really benefitted from senior football so wonder if we might hold off on playing him in the FA Cup if Bruno is unsure of actually having a use for him

Same goes for Giles but I think Cardiff would take him back in a heartbeat.

I think the same applies to Sanderson mate tbf. They'd have him back regardless.

I think the same applies to Sanderson mate tbf. They'd have him back regardless.
I imagine yes but if they've sorted a replacement they might not be able to afford him as well? Not so clued up on their finances these days though. You are probably right anyway!

I would also play Marcal at LCB. May as well try it out before we have to play a league game without Saiss.

I’ve got a ticket for a Sunday going for free if anyone wants it - Can’t go now because of the obvious

Pretty long but fairly interesting to see the context in which a lot of the quotes have appeared in. Interesting bit about playing a back four right at the end too (confirms a lot of what we have all suggested really).

I also thought the way he speaks about Gibbs-White suggests he’s happy he’s playing but like all the others they’ll decide if they think they need him or if it’s better he plays there. He’s injured at moment anyway.

Bruno clearly comfortably just talking football with anyone and is pretty open as we’ve seen already but usually Nuno did these inside 5/10 minutes ha! Shows the difference in approaches

Pretty long but fairly interesting to see the context in which a lot of the quotes have appeared in. Interesting bit about playing a back four right at the end too (confirms a lot of what we have all suggested really).

I also thought the way he speaks about Gibbs-White suggests he’s happy he’s playing but like all the others they’ll decide if they think they need him or if it’s better he plays there. He’s injured at moment anyway.

Bruno clearly comfortably just talking football with anyone and is pretty open as we’ve seen already but usually Nuno did these inside 5/10 minutes ha! Shows the difference in approaches
He reminds me a bit of Mourinho how he talks about football - a more humble version.

I assume the Tim is Spiers, if it is the club have real contempt for him and he comes across as a real twat.

Loving the way Bruno talks about the game and what he wants to do with certain players.

I don't think he's sure what the club are doing with players and I get that impression he's very much a coach of players he's given rather than a manager as we'd know it.

Last edited:
Is there any TV coverage of the game tomorrow?

I assume the Tim is Spiers, if it is the club have real contempt for him and he comes across as a real twat.
It was Tim Nash that bumbled his way through a question about the Neves to Utd link and sounded like a complete arse in doing so. He was quite rightly told to stop pushing it.

Spiers came on about 28 1/2 mins in and his questions were fine. There was no contempt towards him. That’s purely a figment of your imagination because you don’t like the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back