• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Weds 0 - Wolves 0 verdict thread

Wednesday fans raving about him too. Very excited by this crop of youngsters.

Massive shame Ennis is injured. Lambert would have certainly looked at him during this lean period.

Well that was an unexpected point, but most welcome.

We are still playing better away than we are at home. Is it something to do with the expectation from the Home crowd and the reaction when things don't go right? Disapproval can kill confidence.

I'm not saying I'm right, just posing the question, as this has been going on for a long time now.

Ennis is back soon isn't he? I thought it was only a hairline fracture and he would be back quickly. It is a shame though in a period where our strikers can't score he isn't fit to stake a claim. Very much looking forward to seeing Ronan in action doesn't sound like he will be dropped next game I just hope he wasnt hurt as it sounded like he got clattered badly.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Well that was an unexpected point, but most welcome.

We are still playing better away than we are at home. Is it something to do with the expectation from the Home crowd and the reaction when things don't go right? Disapproval can kill confidence.

I'm not saying I'm right, just posing the question, as this has been going on for a long time now.
I don't think there is any doubt it will be affecting some players. The best players can cut the abuse out and get on with it Alex Rae was brilliant at that.

So pleased to hear about Ronan, I have no worries about going down after the last few games. Hoping that we bring in a goal scorer and a couple of defenders in January

Just watched those sky hightlight, they certainly seem to favour us. Personally I can understand the ref missing that pen or thinking he's found the contact. Who is it that hits the post 2nd half?

Did we really turn down £6million for Mason? try not to be too vocal but really can't get behind him at all, other than the miss how was his general play as the 10 today?

Just watched those sky hightlight, they certainly seem to favour us. Personally I can understand the ref missing that pen or thinking he's found the contact. Who is it that hits the post 2nd half?

Did we really turn down £6million for Mason? try not to be too vocal but really can't get behind him at all, other than the miss how was his general play as the 10 today?

Mason began wide left and moved wide right when Cav came on IIRC.

Pretty sure it was Mason who hit the post too, seemed to be involved in a lot but couldn't find the net and yeah he played left and right of a front three (according to twitter anyway)

I don't think there is any doubt it will be affecting some players. The best players can cut the abuse out and get on with it Alex Rae was brilliant at that.

There isn't any abuse though. The fans have been right behind the players apart from the one booing of Batth. I'd say Wolves fans that attend games now are much more patient and supportive than they were a few years ago.

Didn't think that we would get anything today so pleasantly surprised and it seems from the reports and highlights that we should have won. Clear penalty denied and how Mason missed i'm not sure. Happy to see Ronan get a game and not surprised that he played well, the kid has ability. Would be interested to see reports from those that went on all of the players, particularly the defence.

The big positive of Lambert's reign so far has been his willingness to blood Bright and Ronan. Long may it continue.

Not much more to add to what has been said but it's becoming clear that we need a forward just as much as a centre-half in the transfer window.

Just out of interest what formation would we have to play to accommodate Bright and Ronan in the same team as they both seem most at home at number 10?

Good result today, sounded like we played pretty well from the stream. I am pretty optimistic about our future under Lambert, we are of course a few players away but we look miles better than 10 games ago.

There isn't any abuse though. The fans have been right behind the players apart from the one booing of Batth. I'd say Wolves fans that attend games now are much more patient and supportive than they were a few years ago.
Yeah I've got to agree with this. I moan about the abuse of players online but the home support has probably been better than the players have deserved over the last few years.

Useful away point, seems we played well. Even without some of the 'Stars'.

This and the QPR perfromance suggest there are good things on the horizon. Youth players coming through and doing well. Play offs are out of reach now but if we can build some momentum and some key additions will mean next season will be an interesting one!

Today showed that we can be a good team. Wednesday fans saying they were fortunate. If only we had a striker who could score.

Sounds a good performance. A decent striker and we would probably have got 6 points instead of 1 in the last 2 games.
With some good youngsters coming through we could be real contenders next season if we can bring in the right players in the 2 transfer Windows.

Sounds a good performance. A decent striker and we would probably have got 6 points instead of 1 in the last 2 games.
With some good youngsters coming through we could be real contenders next season if we can bring in the right players in the 2 transfer Windows.

A decent striker and although we've been pretty shit at times we would probably be in the play-offs. Fine margins in this division with the teams all beating each other and not that much between them.

Today showed that we can be a good team. Wednesday fans saying they were fortunate. If only we had a striker who could score.

Sam winnall? Any good? Never seen him play. Good ratio goals per game at barnsley.

Back