• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Weds 0 - Wolves 0 verdict thread

Today showed that we can be a good team. Wednesday fans saying they were fortunate. If only we had a striker who could score.

I'll be shocked if we don't nab one this month.

In keeping with my African affinity, I'd bid for Benjamin Moukandjo from Lorient, who are practically dead and buried in Ligue 1.

I'll be shocked if we don't nab one this month.

In keeping with my African affinity, I'd bid for Benjamin Moukandjo from Lorient, who are practically dead and buried in Ligue 1.

Isn't that a tad racist?
Don't matter where he comes from if he can stick the ball in the net.

Isn't that a tad racist?
Don't matter where he comes from if he can stick the ball in the net.
Tongue in cheek, mate. It was a running joke when I played PTG here that I'd sign any African player available.

Very happy with Lambert so far, despite results being only Ok.
1 - he's starting to get a settled 11 together. At least players are starting to know where they stand.
2. Coady at right back seems to be working really well.
3. He's giving chances to our youngsters.
4. We are starting to play well.

There isn't any abuse though. The fans have been right behind the players apart from the one booing of Batth. I'd say Wolves fans that attend games now are much more patient and supportive than they were a few years ago.
I would agree things are much better than the old days, but I wouldn't say there isn't any abuse. At the QPR game I had some berk behind me constantly screaming at Batth & Price (Batth I understand but Price??) That said the games I have been at the fans have been quite a lot more patient than the old days Batth hasn't been subjected to anything close to what Henry and co had to deal with under MM.

Looked at the highlights over and over.

1. The foul on Doherty is a stone wall penalty. No ifs no buts- Linesman should give it but doesnt
2. Masons miss gets worse the more you see it.
3. Ikeme spills the easiest shot and nearly lets Forestieri in but recovers well. Nice save from the header- better
4. Doherty and Mason had good chances to win it.

Hope springs eternal. But we need some home victories and back to back performances. I have never worried about our away form its ok, Wigan aside.

Why, oh why, did Mason not have the presence of mind to chest it down ?

Regarding the Mason chance, it does come at him very quickly but hes done very well to get that over the bar from there. I don't think there was any thought there at all just pure reaction, which happened to balloon it into space.

I didn't watch this game, but wanted to share with you all StuWolf's comment from Wolves Blog about the young lad Connor Ronan (not my opinion, hope you don't mind me sharing...):

"Me, I want to bore the shite out of you, with talk of one Conor Ronan. When he lined up, Newark and everyone else around me looked at him and thought he was the mascot, small stature, skinny, a Ginger haired baby faced kid. He replaced Cavalerio, (not his usual position) a tall order for someone so young and such a newbie.

The lad played out of his skin, he turned, twisted and completely stole the show until the guy *trying* to mark him had had enough and scythed him down, escaping a red card much to the displeasure of 1021 screaming Wolves faithful. His corners are to die for, ( a trait if his in the U23’s) such was the power of his free kick, it completely floored the defender just before half time who could not continue into the second half. Had it not been stopped it would have gone through the net, into the stand and through to the street.
He does not hold anything in reserve, his tackling was hard, crisp and without the Batth style obligatory yellow card worry.
He settled into this team and replaced Cavalerio seemlessly, to such an extent that the radio commentators were giving him MOTM, PL said, “his was the best debut he had seen in his life” without doubt , my MOTM without any hesitation. I pray his injury is not so severe to stop him playing Saturday, he would be my first name on the sheet against Stoke.
Play him against a Premiership side and we would see even more from the lad, because he would be allowed to play without the risk of a leg snapping tackle.
He has no edge, no fear, no reservation of playing in the first team and no way should he go back to the U23’s any time soon.

He is a breath of fresh air in this team of ours, if he plays infront of 4666 Wolves fans at Stoke he will have earned it on todays debut.
When he went off the pitch he went off to the sound of, “one Conor Ronan, there’s only one Conor Ronan” and it was a well deserved accolade for the lad.

One for the future.

You bet your sweet bippy he is"

Thanks for posting that London, really happy to read that. I share the excitement of others regarding our young talent, I can't wait to see young Ronan in action for myself.

He's seriously good. The likes of him, Herc, Bright and Ennis could have a fantastic impact on our chances next season to go up if we give them the opportunity now. Something KJ didn't seem to get.

When morons like Holloway complain that Ken was hard done by, someone should point them to the final day of last season when we had Bright on the bench and he chose to bring Alfie on for the second half. When he knew he was releasing him in less than 48 hours.

Back