• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United - Bad day at the office (Verdict Thread)

It wasn't a terrible penalty really, just a few inches too wide. If it had gone in off the post everyone would say it was a great penalty and unsaveable.

A bad penalty is one that is easy for the keeper to save. An awful penalty is one that doesn't even hit the target.

He missed the target, and it hit the outside of the post, so it's not *that* close.

Now for me there are different types of losing.

I hate one and dislike the other.

I hate dropping points to teams in or around the bottom 4 or 5 at any time especially at home. See rants over the last two years on verdicts for Wigan Bolton Birmingham Burton matches.

I hate ex players scoring against us particularly if they were pretty shit wearing our shirt see rvlp Adam le Fondre Leon Clarke.

I dislike losing to anyone but accept you don't win everything and losing to sides above you away from home is generally a dislike rather than a hate. As is when a decent ex player scores against you see Kightly .

So I hated Leon scoring , but only disliked the result. We have lost to the top 2 sides. I would take that in hindsight . onwards to the brewers

I have always said that even though I hate us losing, it is more acceptable if we have played to our potential.

What is frustrating is when we lose and have not played well, although I do expect us to play well every game.

Back