• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United - Bad day at the office (Verdict Thread)

Having watched the highlights, I anticipate nuno will discipline coady for a fuckwits sending off.

Their first - Doherty is at fault for me. No way should that cross be allowed to be put in so easily.
Their second was a clear foul on miranda by clarke.

I agree with the second goal (haven't seen first yet). He's all over Miranda but maybe Miranda needs to be a bit stronger himself, as otherwise I would say him and Saiss were our best players.

Having watched the sending off GIF on repeat, how does Coady find him self in a position where the ball has travelled 30 yards on the floor and Clarke has managed to get ahead of him?

Annoyingly, on that angle I definitely wouldn't be putting money on Clarke putting that away.

He got the wrong side, it's a decent run by Clarke but if Coady gets goal side even though he's behind him it forces Clarke to either hit it first time or take the ball wider and narrow the angle.

Poor defending really.

Typical though, s former player faces us and bags a brace. A wolves player facing one of their former teams gets a red

I'm not even convinced Leon is getting there. We know he's not exactly jet heeled, as befits a man who runs like he's wearing carpet slippers. It's a firm pass, he doesn't have it anything like under control and Ruddy is already on the way out to sweep.

Bad decision by Coady. He'll know though.

And how does the ref give a pen for Jota but not penalise Clarke on Miranda.

Actually, maybe that's why we got the pen

Thought Neves' mom had died. Fuck sake. Deal with it kid

Joke of a decision for our penalty in all honestly. Disappointed in Diogo going down so easily.

It was bit of a crap dive. I think half way through he realised that there had been contact but his theatrics were quite embarrassing.

Clearly was a good night to be out - have seen the highlights & will watch the full match later

Brainless by Coady (though presumably an instinctive unthought action) - in a 1 on 1 Ruddy v Clarke would have backed Ruddy more often than not & even if he had scored then 1 down that early with 11 on the pitch is not a total disaster.

Penalty looked incredibly soft & undeserved. Goals against were again poor defending.

What worries me more is that we made odd substitutions with not really a plan of how we were going to work if comments on here are correct - will see better when I have watched the full match back.

Another steep learning curve for Nuno

Agree with that PLF.

When I looked ahead at our fixtures from the international break this was the one I had us down to lose (and maybe Forest) to be honest. A win against Burton and we are well on track as many others have pointed at.

23 from the first 11 games will be a very good return. And then Costa, Hause and fingers crossed Boly should all be completely fit by the next game which would be brilliant. This has been done to the death but:

Ruddy

Boly
Miranda/Coady
Hause

Doherty
Neves
Saiss
Douglas

Costa
Bonatini
Jota

Subs: Norris, Vinagre, Coady/Miranda, Ronan, N'Diaye, Cavaleiro, Bright and then Price, Batth, MGW, Marshall, Zyro is enough reason to be very excited!

Well this has been a fun 20 hours or so. I received close to 50 messages last night alone from Sheffield folk taking the piss. The long dormant whatsapp group from my 11 a side team from 08/09-12/13 sprung into life last night with posts from people I had completely forgot about. When is the replay? Could do with that being about 7-0 to us!

He got the wrong side, it's a decent run by Clarke but if Coady gets goal side even though he's behind him it forces Clarke to either hit it first time or take the ball wider and narrow the angle.

Poor defending really.

Typical though, s former player faces us and bags a brace. A wolves player facing one of their former teams gets a red

I can blatantly see he got the wrong side, but how has he managed that? When the camera pans across he's only just on the turn, yet the balls moved 20 yards. Surely he wasn't standing in front of Clarke before the pass? And surely he just has to track him at snails pace. It's Leon Clarke not Theo Walcott. I'd only just walked in the ground at this point so didn't see it live.

Joke of a decision for our penalty in all honestly. Disappointed in Diogo going down so easily.

It was bit of a crap dive. I think half way through he realised that there had been contact but his theatrics were quite embarrassing.

The video doesn't do it justice. The defender had a clear grab and pulled back Jota, soft but no less of a pull than Coady, it's just he was stationary. Me and the ref were directly in line with each other and having saw what I saw he couldn't not give it really.

Well this has been a fun 20 hours or so. I received close to 50 messages last night alone from Sheffield folk taking the piss. The long dormant whatsapp group from my 11 a side team from 08/09-12/13 sprung into life last night with posts from people I had completely forgot about. When is the replay? Could do with that being about 7-0 to us!

Just send them a video of the play off final and remind them we didn't beat them in the league games that year either. Its not the heats that count. Its the final. See Germany

Interesting reading online lots of people blaming just Batth, bit harsh I thought the whole defence was poor, Batth for the first Miranda for the 2nd, Doc back to normal.

Neves on the other hand other than a terrible penalty I though he did ok, nothing spectacular but a million miles than anything we would have got from Diamond Dave.

We will need a better plan if we go down to 10 again, not sure what that is but I have faith in Nuno to work that out.

The lads should be fired up for Burton and rightly so.

It wasn't a terrible penalty really, just a few inches too wide. If it had gone in off the post everyone would say it was a great penalty and unsaveable.

I think whats significant is how reliant our system is on all ten outfield players moving together positionally. So when one cog is removed we grind to a halt.

I wasn't at the match so I cannot comment on individual performances, but playing a team near the top of the table and in good form, full of confidence is difficult enough. To lose a player after 15 minutes is disastrous and unless you're Man City or Chelsea pretty much means that you're nailed on to lose. 75 mins is a long time with 10 men V 11 men. 2-0 under the circumstances must have been fully expected by most fans. This is still a very young team, I'm sure they'll learn some lessons.

From another thread so not my words and I'm just quoting it...

"- He's 20 years old
- He's just become a dad
- He's living in a new country. Are his wife/baby out here with him? If yes, he'll be knackered having a new born to look after along with adapting to his new schedule. If no, he'll be missing his family and baby.
- He's living in a hotel.
- He's playing in a new league, with a new club and new teammates. Thus, new tempo, style etc.
- He'll be learning a new language
- He's playing 2-3 games a week, something he's never done before.
- A lot of money was spent on him (something he had nothing to do with), that brings the pressure & expectation to perform straight away."

He's moved from Porto to Wolverhampton, that's got to be depressing :icon_lol:

He's moved from Porto to Wolverhampton, that's got to be depressing :icon_lol:

Nah he's ok on that front. Now if he'd had to move to Ballyfermot, Finglas or Clondalkin :yikes: :icon_eek:

:icon_lol:

Back