• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Jeff Shi do one?

Should Shi go?

• No

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
Last edited:
So this idiot got rid of Nuno, appointed Bruno, spent £100m, ended up bottom of the table at Xmas. Our defensive options we destroyed by personal interference from Shi, and we have the least attacking options in the division with his personal £35m vanity project going off the rails in Belgium.

I only hope the situation isn’t so bad that even JL can’t turn it round, I doubt he’s going to be very keen on Barnsley, Hull and Luton.

Liz Shi and Kwase Sellars need to be removed. They couldn’t have cocked this season up worse if they’d tried.

Were you worried that people had forgotten your dislike for them that you had to write a reminder piece?
It’s not dislike, it’s calling out their incompetence. Dislike would be subjective and could be disputed, incompetence is objective and cannot be disputed.

Any positivity brought to this by JL should not be allowed to cloud or obscure the disgracefully incompetent performance of these two clowns over the last three years.

Personally, I'm gunna let the positivity brought by JL obscure the incompetence of the 2 clowns, for now at least.

Personally, I'm gunna let the positivity brought by JL obscure the incompetence of the 2 clowns, for now at least.
In practice, I’ll be doing that too.

However, they are now indisputably proven to be completely incompetent in every way.

JL won’t be here for ever. Our only hope is that he is here longer than them.

They are shit but the level of incompetence hasn’t reached Morgan appointing that fucking tosspot Saunders. And then beyond that bar lies the Bhattis.

Bad mistakes made but a little perspective please

Lage was a worse appointment than Saunders imo. We gave him a job in the relegation zone and he finished it off. Probably didn't do any worse than if we'd kept Stale, although I'm sure there's many out there that would have done better.

Lage in the wider way is not a worse manager, not a worse human being, but contextually a worse appointment I think. He actively harmed us, Saunders didn't improve us when it was fairly easy to do so

We were 18th when Saunders took over. 31 points from 26 games, 6 clear of the bottom three, 9 off the playoffs.

He got 20 points from the remaining 20 games.
If my memory on the bottom 3 isn't correct then the trajectory isn't. Hammered at home by Peterbrough and Ipswich over Xmas, we were only going one way, he just didn't do anything about it. Lage took a team and made it demonstrably worse, Saunders just didn't make it better. Googling it we'd won 3/17 when we gave him the job

Oh yeah, we were shit under Stale (had grubbed three wins in December under him but they were unconvincing on the whole), the players didn't want to know so he had to go. You just don't appoint literally the worst manager ever who happens to be absolute pondlife as a person.

I fucking hate Bruno Lage but Saunders exists in a bracket of one for me.

I preferred Hoddle to Lage.

I can't lay all our current woes at Lage's feet though. He was out of his depth and a pretty negative presence on the dressing room by the end, but he was always a patsy and yes man to Shi and Sellars. All three of them made a pigs ear of their responsibilities

Oh yeah, we were shit under Stale (had grubbed three wins in December under him but they were unconvincing on the whole), the players didn't want to know so he had to go. You just don't appoint literally the worst manager ever who happens to be absolute pondlife as a person.

I fucking hate Bruno Lage but Saunders exists in a bracket of one for me.

I preferred Hoddle to Lage.
I preferred Saunders to Hoddle or Docherty for that matter. He's an imbecile, but he cared in his own moronic way. Neither of those 2 could give a monkeys

I can't lay all our current woes at Lage's feet though. He was out of his depth and a pretty negative presence on the dressing room by the end, but he was always a patsy and yes man to Shi and Sellars. All three of them made a pigs ear of their responsibilities
Neither do I, I'd put him behind Shi in the blame list, but as a terrible appointment, I'm not sure we've ever done worse in terms of the from and to. Worst appointment is different to worst or most loathed manager

Where I'm more optimistic than the OP is that Lopetegui seems a vastly different character to Lage; hopefully good enough and experienced enough to hold his own and keep Shi and Sellars in their box

Saunders was way worse. At least Lage had one ok season in terms of finishing position.

I don't believe Saunders did care, but aside from his tactical incapability & his poor man management skills, his fucking abominable character means he's fucking miles worse than lage. He used to deliberately injure players ffs.
Not only in a group of his own, but way off the scale.

Back