• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Jeff Shi do one?

Should Shi go?

• No

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
If they're even considering bringing Nuno back, I can't see how his position is tenable any more.
Says more about Sellars for me. The whole 'yes man', 'nodding dog' cliché is overused by football fans criticising their club's management but I genuinely don't know what he's there for. He's got zero influence over managerial appointments, doesn't seem to have a strong voice on transfers, doesn't have any particular say on a long term style of play or footballing philosophy, given his background as a youth coach he hasn't brought through anyone of note from the academy (apart from Gibbs-White who clearly couldn't wait to leave). What is the point of employing this man?

Says more about Sellars for me. The whole 'yes man', 'nodding dog' cliché is overused by football fans criticising their club's management but I genuinely don't know what he's there for. He's got zero influence over managerial appointments, doesn't seem to have a strong voice on transfers, doesn't have any particular say on a long term style of play or footballing philosophy, given his background as a youth coach he hasn't brought through anyone of note from the academy (apart from Gibbs-White who clearly couldn't wait to leave). What is the point of employing this man?
Because Mendes isn't allowed to be official so a patsy is required

They do lob him the odd bone.

The interview and possible hiring Edwards for example.

Timely bump :cautious:

However this ends up shaking out this should be the final nail. He's taken us backwards at a rate of knots over the last couple years, and we're potentially headed towards complete implosion.

We'll end up with the same farce trying to appoint a CEO as the current manager debacle.

We'll end up with the same farce trying to appoint a CEO as the current manager debacle.
Unlikely. Our farces are mainly down to Shi and so we’ll be unlikely to let him select his successor.

All these goings on is a wet dream to you isn't it?
No. It’s just indisputable confirmation that my concerns about Shi (that arose with his sacking of Nuno) were 100% accurate.

80% of the people who responded to the poll were of the same opinion as me on Shi.

A lot of people on here dismissed them through rose tinted Bruno glasses because Coady and Saiss had a dream start last season and we had a lot of shots in 3 games.

I was right. We are now in a tailspin, about to hit the ground. Jeff Shi is the pilot.

The only good thing is that Shi is likely to keep failing to appoint someone for so long that Lopetegui becomes available.

Not sure there’s any way we, as fans, can get the bloke sacked. It won’t be at the point where there are angry mobs of fans chanting “Shi out” outside the Billy Wright stand before kick off on Sunday.

Typing on a message board doesn’t achieve anything, ultimately. Much as I’d love Jeff Shi to actually read this thread and to finally start to realise how many Wolves fans think he’s a useless cunt.

So until Guo, or whoever, thinks he’s done something of gross misconduct, we’ll be stuck with him. I imagine even if we are relegated he’d still have a job. The whole situation is a joke, it really is.

Not sure there’s any way we, as fans, can get the bloke sacked. It won’t be at the point where there are angry mobs of fans chanting “Shi out” outside the Billy Wright stand before kick off on Sunday.

Typing on a message board doesn’t achieve anything, ultimately. Much as I’d love Jeff Shi to actually read this thread and to finally start to realise how many Wolves fans think he’s a useless cunt.

So until Guo, or whoever, thinks he’s done something of gross misconduct, we’ll be stuck with him. I imagine even if we are relegated he’d still have a job. The whole situation is a joke, it really is.
He'd have wiped 2 thirds of the value of the club by getting relegated. Irrespective of football knowledge Guo will understand that and bin him. Tbh it's pretty irrelevant if he's just replaced by Jeff 2

Such incompetence has set us back 5 years in motion. All started in May last year, I get so fucking angry looking at it as it was so predictable that keeping Lage in charge would cause so much damage. The situation is probably beyond retrievable. Regardless whether you think we’ve got some good players it doesn’t translate to us being fine. 11 games in 9 points on the board tells you that we’ve got a bunch of players not managed properly.

I wouldn’t mind Shi being here if he was just Fosun’s representative at the club alongside actual football people who got to make the decisions and knew how to run a football club.

The fact that he seems to have made himself a Director of Football despite not having a clue has proper fucked us. He can get in the sea.

Yep bit like making me chancellor of exchequer I’d give it a good go but would make some awful decisions that would lead to a catastrophe.

Yep bit like making me chancellor of exchequer I’d give it a good go but would make some awful decisions that would lead to a catastrophe.
If you ran the previous Chancellor and Home Secretary out of town and gave yourself their jobs

Johnny's Fosun in or out thread seems to have disappeared so I'll put my response here

Fosun as an entity aren't bad owners. They have invested a considerable amount of money, in the last couple of years...badly. I'd be happy for them to stay and put a proper football structure in place with a Chief Exec and DoF whilst binning Mendes. I'd also be very wary of who'd buy us, given some of the car crashes we've seen.

All that said, if they aren't prepared to do that and there's no signs they are then out.

I wouldn’t mind Shi being here if he was just Fosun’s representative at the club alongside actual football people who got to make the decisions and knew how to run a football club.

The fact that he seems to have made himself a Director of Football despite not having a clue has proper fucked us. He can get in the sea.
With concrete wellies....

If Fosun were to get rid of Shi, who would they go to for advice re. his successor? Just a thought.

you’d assume they’d promote from within the leisure side of the Fosun business side, so that’d be cirque de soleil, Thomas Cook, Club Med, unless someone else in the group fancies playing real life football manager 23

He is as about as much use as a pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear

Back