• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sir Jack R.I.P

Oh wow, that is bad news. Condolences to his family and a big thanks Sir Jack for saving our club.

Such sad news. 'True gentleman' has never been so apt.

I imagine Molineux will be rather sombre tonight, but let's hope the team can give him a win to say goodbye.

R.I.P Sir Jack.

Top fella....lovely bloke....appreciate all he did for the club and the area in general..r.i.p

RIP Sir Jack.

Finally made it to the promised land.

Awful news. A true gent and Wolves supporter.

Absolutely gutted at the news, thank you for all you did for our club Sir Jack. R.I.P

Sir Jack will be known as the man who re-built Molineux. A gentle, caring and humble person.

Thank you Sir Jack R.I.P.

He got things right, he got things wrong but throughout his tenure as Wolves owner I never once felt he did anything that didn't have Wolves' interests at heart. These days it is such a rarity to have the club you support owned by someone who shares that same level of affinity with the club that the supporters do. In many ways, he was living our dream.

Sir Jack Hayward will always be remembered as a positive force at this football club because he set in motion a process of rebuilding and consolidation that has left us with a secure future. Even his decision to pass the club on was one done purely in the interests of the club and whatever people think of Morgan - I think he is still chasing Sir Jack's dream and developing the club in the image of Sir Jack. And perhaps that is his true measure - that he has left a legacy with the current owner that has largely been respected. He must have been very proud in recent weeks to see the home grown players in the team, this was always the one thing he wanted above all else.

A fine man. A Wolves man.

sad to see this. SJH was a truly passionate supporter and an owner with a link to the club's best days that he desperately wanted to emulate.

it was great that he was at least able to see us promoted, even if not permanently, and that he found a future owner he could believe in.

RIP Sir Jack.

RIP, golden tit.
The belief he had in the club, and lest we forget, in the city.
Will be very much missed by many many people.

Back