• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sir Jack R.I.P

Thanks all. I might drop in now and again for some footy natter.
I see I've had a positive effect, your boys have just turned it round!
Nice...

Thanks Spike, do pop by some time. Hopefully it will be about Chelswea v Wolves soon enough!

Such sad news, r.i.p Sir Jack. Everything we ever achieve as a club in the future will be part of his legacy, a proper legend

I want somewhere near the steps down to the South Bank entrances, to see Sir Jack holding his thumbs up sat on the wall cast in bronze, preferably with the playoff trophy by his side.

That is an excellent article, I was just about to post a link to it myself. I got quite emotional reading it!

I'm far too young to remember the majority of good things he did for this club but, having read about them and cast my eyes over the tributes from members of this forum, I'll always be grateful for what he did for our club even if I wasn't there to witness half of it. I recall the football world mocking us when we were sold for a measly £10, but Sir Jack didn't want a penny out of the deal and that is truly admirable. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent that in the club shop or at the bar on a match day! RIP Sir Jack.

I wouldn't be surprised if he spent that in the club shop or at the bar on a match day! RIP Sir Jack.

He framed it and it was in the Reception area of the Billy Wright. So he gave the club away.

The £10 is in the museum isn't it?

Last edited:
John Ireland was not a well liked man though and his legacy is not a good one. Not many people remember him fondly on a personal or footballing level. Jack Harris didn't invest in Wolves to the same scale as Sir Jack did but he was a great man for this club nonetheless.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Jack Harris stand is renamed after him or Molineux Way renamed. Naming the stadium after him is ludicrous as Langers said the idea would have appalled the man himself.

He's already got a street named after him at the back of the ground.

Im sure he always said he didn't want a stand named after him so we renamed compton the sir jack hayward academy. A statue is a must though.

Sir Jacks wishes were to never name a Stand or the ground after him as he built the ground for the Wolves fans and not an ego trip. They had to work hard to get them to let name the Restaurant after him and even harder for the training ground.

Back