• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

So, the Forum has spoken....

Rowett is the only person I'd want at the minute and I can't see him leaving Brum for us.

Pearson is too much of a mental case.

Plenty of managers to look at, whether they would want to come here is a different thing. I would definitely be looking at JFH, Smith and Edinburgh from League 1, i've said i don't think Smith would leave Walsall for us because he would be hated by them and he is loved there but who knows. I'd like Rowett but can't see him coming. Lambert was excellent at Norwich and Villa are just shit so i can understand what was going on so i would be willing to give him a chance and even though Pearson is mad he would do a job.

Pearson would probably get us promoted within two seasons. Also he clearly found a way to keep Leicester up. Obviously, being a complete and utter mentalist may count against him.

I'd be happy with any of these:

Rowett
Rosler
Pearson
JFH

Pearson is a twat but can't argue with his record and experience. I still think Rosler could do a good job too. Whelan himself admitted it was 'very harsh' to sack him and nobody can be judged on what happens at Leeds these days. JFH would be a very exciting appointment of the sort we just don't make. I think the last time we poached a young, up and coming managerial genius it was McGhee so um er....

Rosler no way failed at Wigan and failed to get Brentford up when they had the biggest budget in League 1 by a mile.

I like Uwe but from what I hear he has one way of playing and if that's negated then he hasn't got a clue what to do. Would be too much of a potential downgrade for me given his results over the last 15 months.

Rosler's Brentford played some brilliant football.

Bit of a Solbakken maybe, in terms he went to Wigan and Leeds and tried to play the same before he got the players suitable ?

Of course we could go left field and take a gamble on someone with no experience at all. Famous ex-pro style appointment - Danny Murphy, Carragher etc.

Who would make the call on sacking and then who replaces KJ?

I know Moxey is running the firm but will Morgan still have the final say or let JM get on with whatever he wants to do?

Depends how much Morgan has delegated to Jez. In Sir Jack's final years then it was Jez who pretty much had the call on that side of things and Rick/SJH just had to rubberstamp it. Jez appointed Hoddle and Mick, Jez sacked DJ (although he wanted to bin him after West Ham away, Rick said we should hold fire for a bit...and we were still terrible).

Not sure what Moxey is going to be like decisions wise. He clearly likes KJ and won't want to sack him. But he also knows he waited too long with MM and also made a mess of finding a successor 3 times.

So will his fear of having to find someone and also his relationship with KJ mean he will bottle it? Or will he hope to make a change early enough to perhaps salvage the season.

Tbf Solbakken and Saunders are 100% on Morgan. Jez had next to no input there.

Jez's big managerial fuck up (and he was lucky not to get sacked himself for it) was picking Hoddle despite all the available evidence showing he played terrible football and was woeful in the market, and then messing up his contract meaning we had no performance based get out clause from our end and Hod was able to string us along for months knowing that we didn't want to/couldn't afford to pay him off with a full year's salary. That wasted summer should really have left us with a season of fighting relegation to L1, it's only because Mick was Mick that we got away with it - and this is the way football is sometimes, we were fortunate that Mick was still available at the point at which Hoddle eventually weaseled away and he was sufficiently damaged goods post-Sunderland to join us in such a shoddy shape.

Plus I told Jez to appoint Mick, go me.

Back