• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

So, the Forum has spoken....

I agree Jinky, I think we'd have a chance with Rowett if it wasn't for his previous Blues connections, but doubt very much he'd come given them. Personally I still hope he turns it around, but Saturday is his last chance for me and to be honest it's hope rather than expectation

Neither Rowett or Warburton would be interested IMO.

You have to try and sell them a vision of Premier league football, something thats nigh on impossible from where they are now.

Less than 70% now :icon_biggrin:
I just want someone to sit him down and show him last seasons dvd.
(Admit that Leon Clarke was a wtf moment)
Get back to the style in that dvd with a settled line up of players in their rightful positions.
Stop the batshit crazy stuff.

Cook or Warburton would seem like the sort who could bring attractive, entertaining football but unfortunately I think both have moved too recently and are doing well enough in those positions to not want to move on yet.

Rowett and JFH have both had great levels of success in the last 12 months but I've seen anything of either's sides to know how they play, reports I've seen of Blues seem to suggest they're organised and steady rather than a great watch, Burton romped League 2 last season but despite sitting 3rd this season only 2 teams in League 1 have scored less, which seems worrying.

Crawley and Swindon both played a nice brand of football against Wolves a couple years back from what I remember, could either of their managers step up? Dean Smith has always had Walsall playing good football, though their form has been very up and down until this season, could he do more with a bigger budget?

Jimmy Floyd for me, perfect fir for the club and seems a very switched on guy

Richie Barker was manager of Crawley when they played well at Molineux, everything went south very quickly after that and they binned him in November of that season. He's since failed at Pompey so he won't be anywhere near our thinking.

Mark Cooper's Swindon did play some good stuff (until all the players got sold from above him) but they were truly shite at the back.

What was the name of the bloke who everyone wanted last time round, the guy at Crewe with some local connection? What's happened to him since? Still at Crewe?

Steve Davis? Crewe are absolutely terrible and have been for a while (ever since they sold Nick Powell, basically) so I think that's a non-starter. Much like Paul Ince wouldn't get mentioned at all if he hadn't played for Wolves, Davis wouldn't have entered the reckoning in any serious way if he weren't a Wolves fan. I think people like the idea more than the reality.

Just checked, his team conceded 80 goals in 2013/14, 75 last season and they're in the bottom five for goals conceded so far this year as well.

Justin Edinburgh has Gillingham playing some quality football, but I haven't a clue how good a coach he is.

Deutsch Wolf; said:
Mark Cooper's Swindon did play some good stuff (until all the players got sold from above him) but they were truly shite at the back.

He was also blessed by having a few decent loan signings IIRC. He's a prat though and the unofficial version of why Tamworth binned him, aside from terrible results was allegedly due to a stray fist and a supporter.

Edinburgh did a decent job with Newport who have obviously gone to s**t since he left and seems to be continuing that with the Gills. Swindon had Ryan Mason on loan from Spurs when we played them, He and Luongo tore us pieces, how we won that game is still a mystery to me.

Who's in charge of Plymouth? They seem to be having a very good season but they're another that I have seen nothing of so know nothing of how they're achieving it.

Edinburgh is a decent shout, the best lower league call I'd say

Huddersfield apparently going for Jurgen Klopp's assistant manager David Wagner.

Don't know how committed Jamie Carragher is to Sky, I'd definitely be sounding him out.

Don't know how committed Jamie Carragher is to Sky, I'd definitely be sounding him out.

If I was taking a punt on a pundit, say that in a hurry Danny Murphy would be my first choice. One of the few that speaks a little sense.

I liked what I heard of Murphy last summer doing radio work for the World Cup, it's some gamble to see if he can carry that sense onto the training ground though with no previous experience, not that i'm aware of anyway.

Justin Edinburgh is a good call. I like Dean Smith but I would imagine he'll be reluctant to leave Walsall as he loves it there. An outlandish suggestion would be Phil Neville (currently assistant at Valencia but may do a Clement)

Back